HybridZ

1977 280z - LS Rebuild

Hey,

This build topic will be constantly changing as I learn and take input from you guys and other sources. So please feel free to let me know if you have found a better way or part for where I am heading. The goal of this build will be to take my Z from it's stock daily driver status and take it to a completely rebuilt machine and return as my daily and occasional autoxer. I am planning on starting the rebuild in the beginning of the new year as I am currently in the middle of moving across country. So for now, it's planning...

Engine/Intake/Exhaust

LS based - I would like to start with a 6.0l, either iron or aluminum. I am waiting to see what I can find in the local scrap yards.

EFI - I want the fuel economy and space savings that come with it.

Heads/Cam/Rotating Assembly - The LS6 components look like they will be enough for me for now.

Still need to choose headers, exhaust will be based on what is best for the engine/performance

Drive Train/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels

T-56 6 Speed

No clutch setup chosen yet

Considering full T3 suspension/coilovers/disk brakes/rear end conversion/5 lug conversion - Looking at the Q45 for the diff and other parts - whatever ends up being the strongest is what I will go for.

T3 Front and Rear Sway bars

Polyurethane in applicable areas

I have several rims that I like, but I will go with the largest tires in the rear I can find...I have a lot of reading to do on that topic...

Electrics/Gauges/Interior

Glowshift Tinted 7 color gauges - Speedo, Tach, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp

Full rewire kit - American Autowire Highway 22 circuit kit

NRG Steering Wheel

NRG or Sparco Seats

Power window and locks - Spal kits

Dash repaired using the how to on the forums

Body/Exterior

Body completely taken down to metal, cleaned and repaired. Lizard Skin 2 coat system and Dynamat then new carpet

20 gal fuel cell

All new weather stripping

HID headlight conversion

Fender flares

Skinny front bumper and air dam

240 style rear bumper

I will paint it myself...not sure what color just yet

This is what I have so far...So like I said, please feel free to throw in your two cents...Also, I have two 1977 280Zs...My daily is a 4 speed and I bought the other as a parts car (it's a 5 speed). So, when this is all said and done, I will have a lot of the stock parts I won't be needing like the engines and drivetrain/suspension components...So when the time comes I will be looking to get those out to those that need or want them...Thanks and I am looking forward to getting started and hearing back from you all...

Volition

post-45207-0-71156300-1411428173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Volition77