HybridZ
Swami

MSA Weatherstrip kit review

I'm going to bump this up because I'm in the process of purchasing a weatherstripping kit for my 280z.  Has anybody purchased a kit from a vender recently can give a testimonial to it's fit? Do the Precision seals still have a gap in the windshield? I'm going the Kia route for the doorseals but will need every other seal.

Small update. Most of my precision kit from MSA is sitting in a box. The quarter window seals were fine, the rear hatch seal has now deteriorated near the hinges. After fitting the front window seal I got scared and never fit the rear window seal, for the door seals I use kia sportage seals.

I do wonder if they ever got their act together. The story from what I recall was a restructuring with bad quality control, but warehouses full of the bad stuff. Basically if they wanted to get to better product, they would have to sell the bad product, even then it was a small market so not sure if they would invest the effort to get the seals to the better mark yet.

For my next hatch seal I think I'm going to go with the universal type bulb seals as cgsheen mentioned. Windshield seals definitely from vintage.

Small update. Most of my precision kit from MSA is sitting in a box. The quarter window seals were fine, the rear hatch seal has now deteriorated near the hinges. After fitting the front window seal I got scared and never fit the rear window seal, for the door seals I use kia sportage seals.

I do wonder if they ever got their act together. The story from what I recall was a restructuring with bad quality control, but warehouses full of the bad stuff. Basically if they wanted to get to better product, they would have to sell the bad product, even then it was a small market so not sure if they would invest the effort to get the seals to the better mark yet.

For my next hatch seal I think I'm going to go with the universal type bulb seals as cgsheen mentioned. Windshield seals definitely from vintage.

I ordered the MSA /Precision complete kit at the end of Dec. last year and I think they are on to the "new stock" now, everything fit well including the door seals however, the door seals still pushed the door out too far for my liking so I also went back to my Kia seals and am very happy with them. The Precision rear hatch seal was just a smidge smaller than I'd like but was really no trouble to install and seals very well, did the paper test all the way around  with good results. It's too bad they couldn't perfect those door seals but I guess they really don't sell that many of them so not worth their time.