HybridZ

Tail lights don't work

I've been searching and searching on these forums but can't find anything. People with tail lights out always have the combination of dash/running/tail lights going out. On my 76 280z just the tail lights are out and everything else works fine. I used a test light over the switch on the solder to make sure the switch was good and that checked out then used it past the plug, that checked out. I checked the fuse and the fuse is fine. Is there anything super obvious that I'm missing? Because otherwise I guess I just have to tear up carpets and the dash and such to find a short...and that doesn't sound fun. 

Check the wring diagram before going crazy.  Here's a nice one - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-s30-z-discussions/36494-free-full-color-wiring-diagram-1976-280z.html

The obvious - bad bulbs.  Second - bad connections. I had one get hot enough at the bulb to melt the socket allowing the contact to loosen and break the connection.  Check the grounds. 

If you had a short the fuse would blow.  Sounds like you have a broken circuit instead.