HybridZ

stock clutch master cylinder with t5

You may not want to hear this but I used a 1984 and later Corvette bell housing with my T5 trans because I think it has a much better hydraulic slave cylinder setup than the Camaro offers.

The clutch is operated by a 7/8” bore Wilwood (Tilton) master cylinder through a braided stainless steel line to the stock Corvette slave cylinder.  Works great, provides reasonable clutch pedal pedal pressure but is easy and smooth to operate. 

Edited by SpeedRacer

I am building on a very tight budget. Right now I am using a Ford ranger ms, I think with a. 887 bore. Either I have not bled this correctly or something else is wrong. After a five month build, I am close to completion. I am just using up a lot of stuff I have hanging around with very little cash out. That was my intention all along. Just to know I am not cheap just broke! Just looking for some way to use what I have. All the info on this site is great! Thanks.

Tilton 7/8" MC, braided -3 line, McLeod -3 to roll-pin adaptor (Summit) connects the line to a stock Camaro slave. Works good.

For my 240Z I swapped the clutch master cylinder push rod from the Z MC to the Tilton MC.  That way the Tilton uses the Z clevis  and directly connects to the clutch pedal.

post-178-0-21859700-1413768293_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am building on a very tight budget. Right now I am using a Ford ranger ms, I think with a. 887 bore. Either I have not bled this correctly or something else is wrong. After a five month build, I am close to completion. I am just using up a lot of stuff I have hanging around with very little cash out. That was my intention all along. Just to know I am not cheap just broke! Just looking for some way to use what I have. All the info on this site is great! Thanks.

If you need one of the -3an clutch slave adapters, PM me your address. I have an extra and will send you one.