HybridZ

WTB: E31 or E88 (early casting 71-72)

cnwayland

Just finished rebuilding my F54 block and noticed that the current L24 in my '72 is leaking coolant around the head gasket (avoid Felpro in the future) so my winter project is becoming an Autumnal project.

I plan on using the early E88 I have on my current motor but want to test the waters and look for an early head to begin the build before tearing the whole engine bay apart.  Looking for something to rebuild with larger valves, etc; not a fully built top-end.

Thank you to everyone who was on the look out for the E31 for me.  I realized that for my setup it's got to be: '71-'72 E88, pre-emission, small chamber

Edited by cnwayland

Just finished rebuilding my F54 block and noticed that the current L24 in my '72 is leaking coolant around the head gasket (avoid Felpro in the future) so my winter project is becoming an Autumnal project.

I plan on using the early E88 I have on my current motor but want to test the waters and look for an early head to begin the build before tearing the whole engine bay apart.  Looking for something to rebuild with larger valves, etc; not a fully built top-end.  '71-'72 E88, E31

Thanks!

I have an E/31 cyl head that comes with cam towers less camshaft in great shape $275.00+shipping. Edited by zentech

Hi cnwayland,

I have a E31 that came out of my 71 240z when I did a v8 swap last year. The head is complete and still attached to the block on an engine stand. It didn't leak at all and was in a good running car, I just wanted to swap in a v8. The head, cam, valves is stock, but the previous owner said the valve seats were changed a few years before I bought the car in 1999. Engine had about 75,000 miles on before it came out. If you can't work things out with Zantech get in touch.

Take care,

Rob