HybridZ

WTB: L24 short block, rebuilt preferred

DeLorean

It's looking like the L24 in my car will soon need to be rebuilt, to minimize downtime I'm looking for an L24 short block that's in good shape or has been rebuilt. I realize an L28 would give a little more oomph but I would like to stick with a 2.4 motor. I'm not really looking for all out performance, reliability and cleanliness are much more important to me.

If you have something, please PM me with details. I'd like to pick something local to the Bay Area, but shipping isn't totally ruled out.

Thanks for looking.

Hey Dom, I have an L24 block with a new set of pistons waiting for a new home. I got it with one of my Zs and the previous owner said it was supposed to be used as a race motor. It looks like it got cleaned up, machined, painted, and never assembled. I have brand new pistons and rings for it as well. Crank is out of the block but included. Just needs to have clearances checked and assembled! I'm sure I'll never get to it, it's hard to let go of that hoarder mentality...

Not sure about pricing yet but send PM if interested! :)

Edited by Leon

Hey Leon, thanks for telling me about the motor. I'm definitely interested, it sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for. Let me know what you would want for it, no rush though.

Thanks again,

Dominic

Will do. I have a busy weekend ahead of me but I will take a look at exactly what I have and then give you a price. :)