HybridZ

Question Regarding the 280zx Oil Cooler and an addition oil sensor...

LanceVance

Looking for some affirmation of a theory I have regarding my oil cooler / pressure switch configuration. I would like to mount a fuel pump kill switch where this Allen plug (see bottom of photo below) is currently installed. This is in the flow path of the pre-cooler line.

IMG_20141102_114524_390-1_zpsbjfwdgwr.jp

Unfortunately, there is no such convenient port on the post cooler side, which would see a more immediate drop in pressure should any catastrophic damage occur to the cooler (did I mention I'm planning on running a Bosozoku mounted RX7 oil cooler).

I'm under the impression that this location should see an almost immediate drop in pressure, sufficient enough to drop below the sensor's trigger point of around 7psi, HOWEVER I have a nagging fear that this location, being just before the leak, could potentially be the last place in the flow path to drop below the trigger point?

Any input from those more knowledgeable than I would be greatly appreciated!

Incase anyone is curious, this is the sensor I'm planning on running, along with a wiring schematic:

Sensor (Standard Motor Products PS-64)

elecpump03_zpshryclhjg.jpg

elecpump04_zps4ctbwi77.jpg