HybridZ

What defines "High Tech" anyhooo???

Guest Anonymous

My thoughts that high-tech is basically anything that is new technology. While a lot of what we put in our Z's is newer than the production date of our cars, I am thinking of things that weren't even options when the 1st gen Z was made. Basically anything invented after 83 is higher tech than the datsun could have...

Things like user programmable injection systems, extruded aluminum honeycomb, carbon fibre, ABS, traction control systems, killer stereo installations, etc... While some of these things may have been available to the public in 83, they certainly weren't as inexpensive and readily available as they are now!

Just my 2 cents on the subject...

Drax240z

Guest Anonymous

hey spencZ i took a good look at those pics , quite a project you got going there! by the way its looking good too. i just wanted to fore warn or make a note about you chassis jig though, as i am a carpenter. just make sure the jig is shimmed in alot of places off the concrete floor to prevent warpage affecting your alignment for future measurements. and for garage ammenities (couch) i recommend a vinyl bench seat with a wood stove ( don't forget the flue) but now i moved up to a jet type kerosene heater ,this sucker works nice. best of luck on the MONSTER. my friend built a 240 with a 327 back in 1987 he called it the "BLUE MONSTER" all through the project then ended up painting it white! LOL he had this big blue stuffed monster with big sharp teeth ( looked like something from the muppets) he added terminator sunglasses and a couple of handgrips from a bicycle mounted to the rear strut supports which the monster used to hang on with, funny but also very cool looking passenger!

------------------