HybridZ

Front strut bar on S30 + RB26

Hey all,

Need ideas on what will fit for my set up. So far both Cusco OS and MSA do not fit due to the intercooler plumbing interference. I'm ordering the Cusco ST (older style) hoping that will fit since lower profile at the mount points (strut tower) and possibly mounting it backwards, canted towards the front. Note I'm using the EMI racing camber kit, so no inner bolt. Anyone with pics on what may fit, other options clearing the hood? I have the vented 280Z stock hood on my '73.

Zengcomp.jpg

Zengcomp2.jpg

Thanks for any help here!

I have the cusco strut brace with my rb26dett and 280z vented hood and there is no clearance issues at all. I am running mckinney mounts with 1/4 inch spacers to bring the motor higher. What mounts are you using? If they are mckinney, you will not have any issues.

Took my chances, ordered and received (quick shipment from RHDJapan!) this Cusco Type ST that fits perfectly. Solid strut bar, but no one in the US stocks this anymore. Glad my search is over, whew, thx to those giving tips.

FYI, part number is 246 510 A (S30)

ZCuscotypeST.jpg

Edited by aongch

If none of the commonly-available bars fit, a metal shop could fab one up for a reasonable price -- it's a pretty simple piece of hardware.  I've seen several homemade bars that are way more beefy than commercially available bars.  I personally like the solutions that add new mounting tabs on the side of the strut towers, vs bolting to the top three strut studs.  Just another option to consider....

Nice looking car BTW!  :-)