HybridZ

Anyone have experience with DatsunZFiberglass.com

wayverippah

Has anyone dealt with datsunzfiberglass.com? They have some fiberglass pieces that I'm interested in, but the website looks very amateur and a lot of the pictures are clearly lifted from the web. Any advice or experiences with this place would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I have been chatting with the owner, James for some time now. According to James, He and his father both raced Datsuns back in the 90s and are Datsun fans. They have been making a wide range of race car fiberglass parts for a long time and have a lot of forms to build stuff. He admits freely that the parts are long lead time so buyers should beware wanting anything "right now". Patience will be required for anyone buying from him.

Unfortunately we are losing more and more vendors. Justin Hodges had a bad rep here, but I bought a number of parts from him and was very happy with the quality of said parts. I hope we dont lose others as well.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a good experience buying from James. He responded right away to my initial, and subsequent emails, even though it sounds like he's spread very thin.

I only had him do a fiberglass cowl panel, and for not a whole lot of bucks. A rare occasion of getting more than I paid for. It's a quality, hand laid piece, very substantial, and it fit well.

And while I'm giving "attaboy's" to suppliers, I've got to compliment John Washington of Reaction Research, for his product, a fiberglass hood. I was impressed too with his follow up emails.

I'd do business with either of them again.

Steve

I never received my hatch, and he just canceled the the order with no email or anything. I would be cautious.

I don't really blame him. It was a bit of a shit show on there, really. I wouldn't want a potential customer to see that (his own posts included).

Despite postings here, I made a decent-sized order with him a couple weeks ago. He seems...eccentric, which is why I think he has had a couple of business issues. But, he also seems very genuine. I'll update when I have one...

If you can find a custom car parts fabricator who isn't a little eccentric, I'll run naked thru the streets of San Francisco in cowboy chaps with an Obama-Biden bumper sticker stuck to one butt cheek and Boxer-Pelosi lapel pin on the other. Ever met a sober surfboard shaper? Polyester resin ain't too good for the gray matter.

Edited by RebekahsZ

"Ever met a sober surfboard shaper? Polyester resin ain't too good for the gray matter."

Ha Ha nearly spat out my teeth, but its so true, I know a few guys that fit that category, nice guys that promise the world but have a hard time living up to them, I think its the type of person who wants to do the right thing but gets into trouble delivering "On time" due to poor time keeping etc. (I can be accused of this from time to time).

Keep up posted we do need the eccentric, lets face it we are hardly a "Main Stream" high volume big  spending bunch, and who else would do it.

So I hope he is legitimate and comes through with the product.

That's my rant for the day (year) hope you all have a good one. Cheers :rolleyes:  EvilChuckie :flamedevi :flamedevi :flamedevi :flamedevi