HybridZ

A new type of 8 cyl engine...

Drax240z

Guest Anonymous

it is called the OX2, and it puts out like 150 HP or something in 40ci, i think. it may be 40 pounds or something, but it is VERY small, even more so than the wankel.

------------------

Thanks,

Chris McIntyre

agentkane@home.com

I'd say this is a very germane topic, since one of histories leading "big motor in a small car" heros, Carroll Shelby is on the Board of Directors. I say this engine will see some use, unless the big automakers pull the usual "Not Invented Here" moves.

Let's see. 40 lbs, 150 hp.

Would that scale to 160 lbs, 600 hp?

I want one! Talk about the ultimate Hybrid!

I'm sure the purists would have a coronary!

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -

Guest Anonymous

I just looked at the animated videos for this engine an it is really amazing. It is hard to imagine a different way to make an internal combustion engine but these guys did it! It has so few moving parts that I'm sure the life of this engine would be well over 250000 miles before bores needed to be rehoned or new rings installed. Anybody who hasn't looked at this website needs to do so because this is the future of the internal combustion engine.

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.