HybridZ

Balance tube for vacuum

grannyknot

I have a standard Cannon intake manifold with triple carbs on my L28 engine, I have also installed

a 123Igniton programmable distributor  and would like to use the vacuum advance feature.

Would 4 vacuum take offs from the 4 inner intake runners be enough to even out the pulses or should I take vacuum from all 6 ?

Thanks,

Chris

Carburettor jet, LPG orifice out if a grill, a brass plug with a small hole drilled in it, a needle valve.

Some guys put a small engine gas filter in the line downstream of a larger orifice before the MAP sensor. The filter media and bit of a "vacuum tank" smooths out what pulses are remaining after the orifice.

More cylinders means larger orifice can be used as pulsations are closer together. Adding the filter then smooths it out and you don't really lose any resolution. The spikes are not your trUe vacuum anyway...it's more like an "RMS Average" signal you want.

400hz power is more precise than 60hz power, which is more precise than 50hz power. Follow?