HybridZ

4bbl efi conversion?

nzarano

If you are capable of doing your own wrenching and modification, you could go get a CIS fuel delivery system from a1980's model VW and retro fit an old 4 bbl carb to fit the injectors. Even better if you found the right parts for cheap is find the old dual carb intake for the z, get 2 throttle bodies of the right size and retrofit the VW injection system to that.

The stock VW CIS injection system is simple mechanical injection, and uses NO computer. Stock it is capable of supporting 200 engine HP.

Even better is that Volvo had the same system but has 6 injectors instead of 4, so did older Ferrari sports cars.

The CIS mechanical fuel injection system is the easiest fuel injection system in the world to work with.

The other option is to get a GM TBI setup. You may have to make an adapter plate, but it would make a nice setup. When I built my superchaged setup a while back I used a TB from a Jeep and an adapter plate. I welded injector bosses in the manifold. It worked great until I melted some pistons on the track.

post-274-0-20080800-1416581639_thumb.jpg

The other option is to get a GM TBI setup. You may have to make an adapter plate, but it would make a nice setup. When I built my superchaged setup a while back I used a TB from a Jeep and an adapter plate. I welded injector bosses in the manifold. It worked great until I melted some pistons on the track.

I was wondering what happened to that setup of yours.....

Edited by 280zex

• 1 month later...