HybridZ

New Techno Toy Tuning Big Rear Brake Kit!

Just talked to Gabriel, they will come in a later package when they get them from their supplier.

"We are waiting on the ebrake components to come in from our supplier."

Edited by loy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone looked at front - rear brake balance using this caliper with e.g., stock front brakes,  Toyota vented/solid front brakes, ArizonaZ front brakes etc.? It would be interesting to look at doing some brake bias calculations using different brake combinations.

Is this a better rear disk swap then a 240SX which hooks up directly to the stock parking brake cable?

Edited by Miles

Actually the e-brake cable is an extra cost option that you have to request if you want it.

Anyway, that's the way I read the website info on it. The calipers don't work with the stock e-brake cable.

When you select the added Ebrake option the cable comes with it.

• 3 weeks later...

That's nice that yours went well. I went to go install mine today but the bracket doesn't seem to be right. The rotor touches the bracket.

I am pretty sure I have mount installed correctly with the logo facing outward.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new brackets and everything fits. They (brake calipers with parking brake) even fit my konig rewinds 15". The sticky wheel weights I have on wheel were to thick and caught the parking brake mechanism. Have to get the wheels rebalanced with either slimmer weights or conventional weights.

I too would love to see more pictures.. Im about to spend alot on parts for my bone stock 71. Seeing that my stock rear wheel cylinders are gone and cost a fortune to replace Im just going to get the wilwood setup all around. 

Any idea if this kit front and back will accept the 15'' turbo swastikas? They are the only 15 inch wheels I have for now... 

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any driving time on this kit yet?  I have the 300ZX/240SX rear set-up now and find it a bit weak. If you have them do you also have an adjustable proportioning valve?  If so or if not how is the balance front to rear?  Ebrake work fine?  My front Willwood rotors are just about toast after about 30,000 miles.  Bake pads were too aggressive so they are doing great but the rotor is almost gone.  Not the way you want to do it. I'm seriously considering redoing the back with the TTT kit when I go in to replace pads and rotors on the front.

Currently no adjustable proportional valve. Have s12+8 with vented rotors up front.

E brake doesn't work yet since there is no cable yet...

Balance feels pretty good.

Loy

What was your rear brake set up before the TT swap and how do you compare the two?

• 3 weeks later...