HybridZ

RB20DET CXRacing Mount?

nissun1

So i'm finally preparing my s30 to do a RB20DET swap but I don't know if io should be cheap and go with the cxracing mount kit. I know the motor can bolt up to the original cross member but i want to have the engine close to the bulkhead. I've heard mixed responses from people using their products so i'm on the fence. For those that have done the swap and used cxracing parts to do it, what did you think?

I really don't want to spend $525 on McKinney mounts when there are alternatives.

Custom or swapped mounts? What do you think?

We all know that cx racing stuff is pure junk with NO customer service. Take a couple minutes a Google "cxracing problems" or "

cx racing junk"

Most of the stuff now a days is manufactured in China due to labor cost but let's be real. BUY AMERICAN or at least from a trusted source.

Do it once and do it right. Spend a few bucks more the first time.

Edited by pat1

I saw and read from a few people that it was a knock off product with really bad customer service. I figured in the mean time I can remove the mount from the block/cut and re-weld a new flat bracket so that i can move the engine rearward. If anyone would happen to have an extra set they can sell me that would be awesome  :D

We all know that cx racing stuff is pure junk with NO customer service. Take a couple minutes a Google "cxracing problems" or "

cx racing junk"

Most of the stuff now a days is manufactured in China due to labor cost but let's be real. BUY AMERICAN or at least from a trusted source.

To each their own, but I know what I know from experience.  I've used their products without issue.  QC is always an issue, but again, I haven't had any issue with their stuff.  One of my friends bought the LS1 swap kit, with headers and the only problem he had was v-bands sealing, the rest of the kit went on like cake.

So I decided to go stock just for now until I can save up for the McKinney mounts. Would the round puck style insulators work well with using the stock mounting brackets? If so I can just go with that instead..McKinney sells theirs for $45..but stock mount insulators go for $150 on average. 

Here's the link: http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_motor+mount+styles

Alternatively, I figured I could use the same style puck mount from a 1960/1961 Ford Falcon which would be cheaper because they run for $8 each. (Thats only if it can work)

cx racing junk"

Well said. :2thumbs:

So I decided to go stock just for now until I can save up for the McKinney mounts. Would the round puck style insulators work well with using the stock mounting brackets? If so I can just go with that instead..McKinney sells theirs for $45..but stock mount insulators go for $150 on average. 

Here's the link: http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_motor+mount+styles

Alternatively, I figured I could use the same style puck mount from a 1960/1961 Ford Falcon which would be cheaper because they run for $8 each. (Thats only if it can work)

Pretty much what I used.  I wanted to try the hockey puck thing, but never had a chance to.