So I have a set of Z31 turbo CV axles that have been staring at me in the garage and I have recently ordered the MM CV companion flanges. I have been reading about what it takes to install them (flip the bearing cages) and I have also read they are just a touch to long and load the ring gear in the rearend. I have a rock solid r200 LDS and don't want to F- it up.   Anyway, I took the CV's into work to flip the cages and got to looking at it. The bearing cages are held onto the shaft by a couple of C clips at both ends and then slides within the CV housing. After flipping the cage, the axle itself is now the longest point. I got to thinking about this, it's the CV axle shaft that makes contact with the stub axle causing the binding which in turn pushes against the diff and can wreck the ring gear/carrier bearings. This is why MM sells shorter axles (by 1/2 inch I believe). So I got to thinking, why not just move the channels where the C clip secures the bearing cages and cut down the remaining axle? There is plenty of spline left on the axle for the bearing cage, the new grove I cut in the axle is still larger than the factory indentation for the CV boot, so I didn't compromise strength at all, so I'm not sure why no one has done/thought of this.   With that said and considering CV axles are way cheaper than a R200 LSD, I busted out the grinder and shortened the axles by about 5/8 of an inch. I made 2 new groves for the C-clips and I believe I have a very inexpensive solution to buying shorter axles.   I just wanted to post this and to see if anyone can chime in to a potential problem that I'm not seeing as this seems like very simple and cheap solution..   I stole a couple of photos from another web site as I didn't take a photo of what just flipping the cages looks like.   One is as it sits, the other is when it is flipped... and then on from there.