HybridZ

Wiper switch wiring??

yoshi_w

Hi, so I've been reading all the forum posts about wiper wiring, looked at multiple wiring diagrams, but I am still at a loss. I have a 1973 240z that I've rewired using the ez wire kit, and the wipers are the last thing I need to hook up. I am no longer using the column mounted switch and don't know if I should use a on-off-on switch, or a rotary switch. Additionally, I am using a civic wiper motor. I am determined to keep the setup without the column switch and with the civic wiper motor and I'm very stubborn so I need to somehow make this work. I also don't mind if they don't park, I can time that myself and am trying to keep wiring as simplistic as possible. From my understanding, the wiper motor gets constant power, then the switch is based off the ground. This is where I get confused as the civic wiper motor has a black wire which I understand as the ground, so does this need to go to the switch somehow? Then this leads to the question of the switches, the rotary style I have has a post for battery, low, high, and park. Would the on-off-on switch be better for my requirements? Please help! If you read this whole thing I am grateful, and if someone could just draw me up a quickie wiring diagram or something I would be indebted to you, thanks!

• 1 month later...