HybridZ

Kerbal Space Program - KSP - Show me your ship

BLOZ UP

Kerbal Space Program, for those that haven't heard of it is a neat sandbox vehicle construction simulation centered around these Kerbals and there space exploration dreams.

As of today, it's on Steam (Steam Greenlight?), as a "Early Access" game. However, the current version as of writing is 0.25, the official beta and it's brought a lot of changes and a playable career mode.

Unpaid shilling aside, let's see what you've made. I've fired up KSP on my work computer but don't have any good craft. I'll have to check back later.

Pro-tip: Press F2 to disable the GUI before taking a screenshot (F12 for Steam, F1 for game).

Please submit images and descriptions of craft with Stage/dV info in descriptions fitting of a Kerbal Engineer.

Edited by BLOZ UP

Ok, I found one in the space plane hangar. It's my experimental HX orbital payload deliverer. 4,300 m/s dV brought about by 95,400 kN of thrust lifting just under 4,000,000 kg. Technically it hasn't delivered anything yet as the dV is not quite enough for orbit (with me behind the wheel, anyway). I'm having slight engine balance issues causing minor direction vector errors.

K0JkEuH.jpg

3GIpxSg.jpg

Umf3h7O.jpg

ZMCH89P.jpg

Edited by BLOZ UP

• 1 month later...

Okay, so it's been a while, but here's my latest mission - SSTO Space Plane, Fly to orbit, rendezvous and refuel in orbit around Kerbin, then off to Laythe.  Aerobraked into orbit at Laythe and dock with the waiting space station to refuel for a landing on Laythe,..

screenshot207.png

screenshot210.png

screenshot211.png

...Craft holds 6 crew, and has a full compliment of science equipment in the cargo bay.

Edited by TimZ

How'd you add the strut connectors in space?

I didn't - the space station launched in two pieces and rendezvoused and docked together at Laythe, struts and all.  I think that there is a mod for adding struts in space, or at least there was at one time.

screenshot200.png

screenshot201.png

Edited by TimZ