HybridZ

Alternatives to Internet Exporer

Miles

You can download and install all three with no conflicts.  Try them all.  You can even have them all open at the same time.  The only downside is in saving bookmarks.  I think that Chrome and Firefox will convert IE's bookmarks, but IE pretends the others don't exist.  Once you switch, you can't go back easily.  Google is a dominant player these days though so odds are IE will add that feature eventually.

I ended up with Chrome.  IE was bad for a while, slow and error-prone, so I switched to Firefox.  Then Firefox had a bad patch so I switched to Chrome.  I used to avoid Chrome for the privacy concerns (on principle, not perviness) but it turns out that they all collect and sell/use browsing data anyway.

I prefer Firefox personally, but I would recommend Chrome to anyone else. Firefox is great for developers, but has problems with eating memory requiring a restart every day or so. Chrome doesn't have any of those issues. Granted, my computers are always running and I usually have 30 tabs open. Memory usage might not be a problem for you.

Firefox is really about trying to protect peoples privacy lately. They're against the who nsa, sopa, cipsa stuff and are for net neutrality (internet freedom is important). They just cut google from being their default search provider (google was paying them $300 million a year to be the default) and made yahoo default at yahoos promise to help people with their online privacy. Google tracks way too much personal information and sells it to everyone and they didn't like that. Each browser has their pluses and minuses.