HybridZ

78 280Z VK45/M122

Well, looks like one picture is all I get to upload. It's great living in cellular hell. Verizon rocks, lol. Took it for a drive after some timing adjustments last night, and magically lost all my gauges. Clock started working! But every other gauge apart from the speedo is now dead. Yaaaaaayyyy

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooo. Anyone here good with electrical systems? Car isn't charging. I had just assumed when I got it that it needed a battery, but, after swapping batteries with my truck, I've come to the conclusion it simply isn't charging. Wiring/electronics are my biggest failing, so I'm needing some help. I've some a little checking, have battery voltage at the sense wire, and the bat+ wire, but 0 volts at the field/lamp wire. Alternator looks brand new, so I think it's safe to rule it out as the problem

• 4 weeks later...

Having a little trouble with pictures, but I built this neat little....big...spoiler the other day. I'll eventually make some billet hinges for it, and some not-cheap adjusting rods, but I dig the look of it. Before you say anything keep in mind that a) it isn't finished. B) I know it's way too big to be practical in the production of downforce vs drag. C) I like it, so I'm not really bothered by anyone's negatime opinion, so don't bother with one. But. If anyone has any legitimate insight into the effectiveness of said part, I would love to hear some. I've buzzed over the wind tunnel analysis thread a few times, but I've only read about bre style spoilers. Haven't seen any articles on smaller adjustable/fabricated spoilers, but I haven't looked particularly hard either. If it will look cool and kill some rear end lift I can live with a little drag. Once the car is built I'll be primarily using it as a daily/mountain basher, so I doubt a little drag will bother a 650+whp 2800lb car at slightly higher than highway speeds. Bottom line, I like it. But hey, if somebody wants a smaller one, or one with a different shape, or standoffs for a big wang, hit me up. I drew and cut this one by hand, but can easily draw things on bobcad and waterjet or plasma cut them.

post-43827-0-52047700-1473987803_thumb.jpg

post-43827-0-49459100-1473987868_thumb.jpg

post-43827-0-99955700-1473987962_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...