HybridZ

240Z Storage Find

Phantom

I've been keeping an eye on a 240Z that has been stored in a yard run by the marina that does maintenance on my pontoon boat engine.  After years of bugging them I finally got the name and phone number of the owner.  I called him and found out the following.

It's a July of 1972 production 240Z with 78,000 miles on it.  4-spd car with dealer added AC.  Metallic brown exterior with butterscotch interior.  The last year the car was on the road was 1998.  This is a one owner car.  The guy bought it new in Texas and then brought it with him when he moved to Yakima.  The car has never been wrecked and is totally unmolested and essentially rust free.  It was running when he parked it in the storage facility 16 years ago.  He's now getting close to retirement and trying to decide if he wants to sell the car or bring it back to life himself.  He has my name and number and I let him know I'd help him with whichever way he goes.  A super solid car that is a perfect candidate for a "preservation" project.

On another note - the February of 1970 240Z (VIN 1779) I bought out of a field a year ago is not viable for me to try to bring back to life.  I was not able to get a title for it and it has to be running in order to start the Washington State process to get a new title.  Unfortunately the engine has a cracked block and it's not worth it to me to put a new engine in it and then keep it registered for three years to get a title.  If anyone else wants to do this let me know and I'll negotiate.  In the meantime I'm considering turning it into a parts car as it is loaded with early series 1 parts that are in good shape, including the rare valve cover, hood, front fenders, bumpers, doors, gas cap cover, hatch, center console, etc.

Let me look into the title process here in SC...I am a licenced dealer so that may help.  Looking to replace the 70 I sold a couple of years ago.  Shoot me some pics of yours and I will figure out the title problem...when you say not clear...what exactly do you mean