HybridZ

Track day project

aongch

Next track day coming up! Quaife is in!! Prelim drive-around seems solid. I'll have some good company, Nissan Challenge at Auto Club Speedway, Speed Ventures event.

Capture.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

Recent Z Bash put out by Motorsport Auto - zcarparts.com

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

IMG_4195_1.jpg

Edited by aongch

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Track day at Auto Club Speedway Fontana CA, Nissan Challenge, had fun with the new Quaife! So planted out of corners! Here's a short clip in the faster Red/Race group :) Sorry for the bit of glare, need to place GoPro mount in a better loc.

https://youtu.be/3pkpY1T_b2M

One issue: 280ZX brake booster gave out, but the good thing is, lets me modulate braking so much better with the firmer set up. So, need recommendations up for booster delete.

FullSizeRender%204.jpg

IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8497.jpg

Edited by aongch

Hi Carlton,

The Quaife was installed then I street drove it about 50 miles easy pace as suggested, and then tracked it on one event. No noises or any overheating, all seem to work great. I noticed how nice it pulls off corners now! 

M Factory diff shop in CA installed it, Offset Motorwerks did the R/R, also installed a filtered breather hose to vent high in the rear deck area.

Do you get noises with yours?

This is the fluid I'm using

IMG_8719.jpg

Edited by aongch

Glad to see you are noticing a good improvement with the LSD, I couldn't wait to get one fitted to mine as even when it was in stock form I would get some loss of power in the corners due to the inside wheel spinning, wasn't so noticeable once I had new suspension, wheels and so on fitted but would undoubtedly have still ben there if pushed hard enough. 

• 1 year later...

Back posting again guys.....to update on the Quaife, it's working as it should on track, pulls hard on corner exits, no complaints on strange sounds, good so far.

But reason for posting is, coolant seems to keep getting past the cap.  I'm using the Arizona Z Car cross flow alum, and have used 13, 16, 20 lb caps, still not solving the problem. Pulled the plugs, looks good with brownish insulators, no oil burning. Although I haven't done any leakdown test, could this be a head gasket issue?  It seems street driving doesn't give the same issues.  Any ideas?

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG

• aongch changed the title to Track day project

So bad!! Photobucket really messed up my earlier build progress pics hosting. Anyway here are a few. 

For comparison performance wise, at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana CA, on the 2.7 mile Roval (front straight, banking, and infield) best time is 2 min flat, versus my previous E46 M3 which ran 1:55 with about 40 whp more. 

IMG_5437.thumb.JPG.c4b60811aa12a7af1aa13c4e348748be.JPGACS_8245_Aug0815_by_Z.JPG.3ebd5090c218e59dac867f524e46a022.JPG

Z cell open.JPG

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

Edited by aongch