HybridZ

Need some real good advice/pointers/opinions

PLATA

As I see lately a lot of real clean Z's on the net for sale at crazy coin, from resto/moded to trailer queens specimens , I have an ITCH / DILEMMA  on my brain ? . What to do, sell it for good money now or just keep a well sorted Z that I do enjoy to a point. I have lots of fun with it, love the attention it gets at local AM Gas and Coffee Meets and Car Shows, enjoy driving it on week ends in fair weather, but seems that boredom is an issue . WHAT TO DO  :confused: 

I go through this every winter with my boat. By fall, the season is winding down, and I think about selling her. I wax her up, put her away till spring and resist that urge. Come spring, I am ready to rock again, waste a ton of fuel and get sunburnt. Find a winter hobby, take her off the road, and your love will be rekindled come springtime. If you sell it, you will regret it later. I miss my Z32 every day.

A car is a hole in the air, suspended there by four rubber doughnuts which you can not eat.
Into this hole, you throw money, which you will never see again. Tony's statement is true for the most part. However, S30 Z are starting to see an increase in value to the point that you may be able to come close to breaking even. So, as long as you are near a break even point you could sell it and you are essentially even. But you had the enjoyment of planning, building, and driving and that is worth something.

Now, if you were an alcoholic and you had drank $30,000 where would you be. You might of lost your family for which you are still paying most of your pay check to if you could maintain a job. Your liver would be shot and you would soon be moving into that concrete bed you use to call the gutter. Or,commit a crime to go to prison so you can dry up and hopefully get the government to pay for a liver transplant. You will never get your health back. You will never get your family back. If you sell your Z you will never get it back either. Family, Liver, Z all thing you will regret getting rid of.

Hummmm, choices, the money for the Z is already spent and you still get something out of it. If you drank the Zs worth of alcohol you may end up as mentioned above. I think I would keep the Z.

Guys thanks for the above, all good points. The coin is  tempting , but on what will be a replacement is a very foggy territory . The 70's was a fun era in my life and the Z is very nostalgic  . I like to attend car events and admire old Europeans motor cars that are well kept. My mechanical abilities are limited but do like to tinker and I do the basics stuff on my cars. So yes I will desist on this "ITCH" and keep my  BEAST in beauty contest shape( no issues with her health) . She needs at the moment a skin  treatment , she is getting some hair line minute cracks on the 20 plus yr old paint . So now my dilemma is to keep her patina and treat her as a MILF with minor flaws  or take her to the magic surgeon . :-D 

The "ITCH" came to hunt me again . But this past Wednesday when driving  ZVETTE to her winter dorm I realize that she is a wicked vice, like a TOXIC woman that one day you want her next to you and the next day you want her out . Here I am next to my beast and holding a scale die cast  model >>>> a VICE For sure . She will be missed in the coming cold/wet/salty days but as soon a Spring arrives the vice will came alive. post-36683-0-66458100-1417880761_thumb.jpg  :icon52: 

Edited by PLATA

The only replacement for my Z will be a 930 Porsche.  ( 1 of which I will have in my posession in 24 months).  Selling mine is really not an option.  I have a Turbo Supra to play with till I get bored with that.  I tend to sell it and get something else.  My problem is that my toys are 500+whp and anything less seems a waste.