HybridZ
Randalla

Quality Chrome Plating- Special Sale

Randalla    1

“Vintage Chrome” is a new venture I recently began with my business partner Mike Robbins, who many of you know. Mike has been providing chrome plating for the Datsun community the past 2-3 years. Both of us are avid Datsun junkies, owning five cars between us. This venture was a natural outgrowth of that passion.

We offer a service to have your parts (cores) stripped, dipped, plated, polished and returned to you. Each order is individually catalogued, photographed and packaged. All chrome plating is “triple plate,” a finish commonly described by most domestic platers as “show chrome.”

We’ve learned over the last 2-3 years there are three critical factors to having happy customers in our business: low price, quality and competitive turn-around times. We’ve been told by customers that our prices on plastic parts are typically 40-60% less than competitors. Customers also share that our plating quality is better than most original parts, and Vintage Chrome guarantees your satisfaction. Turn-around time is approximately 45 days, better than most all our competitors.

We’re launching Vintage Chrome with a year-end special sale for all cores received at our Las Vegas depot before December 31st, 2014. Our costs to chrome plate plastic continue to rise and we expect another increase sometime after the first of the year. Prices will never be lower than during this sale. Our year end sale pricing represents a 20% reduction from our regular prices. I’ll be listing prices for some common items and further details here shortly in a subsequent post.

Occasionally, Vintage Chrome buys quantities of re-platable cores so we can continue offering restoration quality parts to the Datsun community. Please PM me for details.

Below are product pictures representative of the quality plating that Vintage Chrome has produced in the past 2-3 years.

post-8586-0-83004200-1417063775_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-17126200-1417063787_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-57488200-1417063798_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-85370200-1417063809_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-29894500-1417063834_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-68178800-1417063858_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-21462000-1417063877_thumb.jpg

post-8586-0-14065000-1417063894_thumb.jpg

Randalla    1

The offer will work as follows:

1. Vintage Chrome has one remaining shipment to our plater for 2014. All customer orders must be received at our Las Vegas depot by December 31. Turn-around time will be approximately 45 days from that date.

2. Pricing for many of the more common Z and other Datsun parts are listed below, but we also have the capability to chrome plate any rigid plastic piece, even if it was not originally plated by the OEM manufacturer. If you need this customized service, please email [email protected] for a specific quote.

3. The customer must ensure that parts to be chromed are disassembled to the point where only the pieces to be chromed are provided to us. No other preparation is required by the customer. All stripping and prep work will be completed by us.

4. The minimum order is $100.00.

5. PLASTIC PARTS: Payment via PayPal is due at time of order. Prices for all plastic parts include return shipping to customers in the US.

6 . METAL PARTS (bumpers, bumper guards, over riders, etc.): These larger, heavier parts will incur a return shipping charge equal to customer’s cost of shipping them to Vintage Chrome’s depot in Las Vegas, Nevada. Upon receipt and inspection of customer’s metal parts, Vintage Chrome will invoice for chrome plating and return freight via PayPal.

7. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Prices are the same as quoted here except non-US customers will be responsible for freight costs and applicable customs charges, if any. All orders come with a full customer satisfaction guarantee.

8. Orders (cores) must be shipped to the following address and arrive before 12/31/2014 to benefit from the 20% savings:

M. Robbins - Vintage Chrome
7250 S. Durango Dr., Suite 130-164
Las Vegas, NV 89148

9. Please be sure to include with your packaged parts:

• Your name
  • Return shipping address
  • Email address
  • Phone number
  • Special instructions (even if previously communicated through PM or email). 

Examine your cores carefully before sending them to Vintage Chrome. Peeling or discolored chrome is OK, but parts must not be warped, have cracks, gouges or missing pieces in the substrate. We do not repair damaged plastic parts or re-paint parts after plating. Un-platable cores will be returned at your expense (if requested) or disposed of.

Pricing for many common Z and other Datsun parts are listed below:

Item Description                                                                              Retail Price w/core          20% off Price

Any Plastic Nameplate (each)                                                                $29.95                         $23.95

260/280Z Tail Light Bezels (pair)                                                            $359.95                       $288.95

240/260/280Z Center Vents (each)                                                         $43.95                         $34.95

240/260/280Z Door Escutcheons (pair)                                                  $47.95                         $37.95

240Z Series I Hatch Grilles (pair)                                                            $49.95                         $39.95

Plastic Wheel Center Caps (set of 4)                                                      $149.95                       $119.95

240/260/280Z Heater Control Panel (each)                                            $99.95                          $79.95

240/260/280Z Door Pull Strap Finishers (pair)                                       $49.95                          $39.95

240 and early 260Z one piece Front Bumpers (each)                            $299.95                       $239.95

510, Roadster, 620 Pickup Front Bumpers (each)                                 $299.95                        $239.95

240 and early 260Z 3-piece Rear Bumpers (each)                                $399.95                       $319.95

Bumper Over Riders, Front or Rear (each)                                            $119.95                       $95.95

240Z, 510, Roadster, Bumper Guard/Bumperette (each)                      $74.95                         $59.95

Please contact [email protected] for quotes on other parts or anything custom. Vintage Chrome has a limited inventory of previously re-plated Datsun parts at similar savings during this promotion. Contact us for details.

Edited by Randalla

9teen7t240z    0

I vouch for these guys. They have have some awesome quality products and pricing. I recently purchased a set of 280z tail light bezels and are astonishing looks.

Keep up the great work,

Darek

Darek,

Thanks much for the kudos. I hope you are enjoying your re-chromed tail light bezels. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Mike

9teen7t240z    0

Mike,

I saw in another post that you were going to have some fiberglass bumpers plated, how did they turn out?

Mike

Hi, Mike,

I did send a set of fiberglass bumpers overseas to ascertain the feasibility of plating fiberglass. Unfortunately, none of the plating facilities that we normally use had ever chromed fiberglass, and didn't want to even attempt it. We are going to attempt another run at it in the near future, but I expect that it won't happen until late first quarter next year. Randy or I will keep the membership informed as we make progress with sourcing a facility to plate fiberglass at a level of quality that we expect and you folks demand.

Mike    

9teen7t240z    0

As a footnote to the previous post, IF any of the members here had a broken fiberglass bumper that they would be willing to donate as a guinea pig, we could cut it into smaller pieces and have a couple of our plating facilities have a go at plating the pieces. I realize that this is somewhat of a long shot, but you never know. For that matter, any smaller piece of fiberglass that is gel-coated (as are the fiberglass bumpers) could also be used for this purpose. Unfortunately, I just dont have any FG parts in stock that can be sacrificed should the results fail to meet our expectations.

Broken FG bumpers anyone???:)

Mike

Randalla    1
I've had a number of people inquire whether dent work is included in the prices quoted for Vintage Chrome's special sale (bumpers, grilles, guards, etc.). Generally, the answer is yes, if they are relatively small dents and are accessible. If you have any questions about the condition of your cores and their suitability for re-plating, just shoot me a few photos to review and I'll get back to you quickly. E-mail Randy at [email protected]

icon_post_report.gif

pepper    0

I purchased a set of tail light bezels and fender badges for my 260 earlier this year. After talking with Mike before placing my order I knew they were going to be nice, but wow, they are really nice. The quality is top notch, I’m very happy with my new chrome pieces. I’m looking forward to picking up more items for my 240 project.

20141201_090907_zps98e2868c.jpg20141201_090916_zps147dc14a.jpg20141006_170005_zps8b9c9d86.jpg

Patrick

9teen7t240z    0

Mike or Randy, would a 280 front face bar be a similar price as the 240/260? I ask because the 280 face bar is a little bigger. Thanks for what you do.

Hi, Adam,

It appears as though the total surface area of the late 260/280z front bumper bars may be roughly 20% more than the 240z front bumper. Accordingly, the price would likely be about 20% higher. For the purposes of this sale, that would translate to roughly $279.95 for the 280z bumper, or $40.00 more than the 240z bumper. Unfortunately, I dont have a 280z front bar in stock to actually measure, but I would be comfortable with this as a quote. Let me, or Randy, know if we can be of any assistance, and thanks for the great question.

Mike   

Randalla    1

Several members have asked recently if Vintage Chrome is able to chrome plate stainless, aluminum and pot metal parts, as well as steel. From my own experience I know Roadsters have components made from each of these metals, as I have had many of these parts plated on my own car. The good news is we can plate all those metals successfully.

Just a reminder that Vintage Chrome's 20% off, year end, special sale is in effect till 12/31/14, for all parts received at our depot in Las Vegas by that date.

9teen7t240z    0

Hi, Kenny,

Are you asking about the front turn signal housings? If so, we've never had a request for those parts but I'm sure we could do it (provided the plastic hasn't deteriorated and began to crumble as I've seen on some of these pieces over the years). Am curious though.....I don't recall any portion of those housings being visible on the outside of the car. Are they visible from the engine compartment?

Mike

9teen7t240z    0

Kenny,

Thanks for the clarification. As I recall, there is a metal reflector or two inside the housings. Are your reflectors in good shape or would they need to be chromed as well, or will the chromed housing replace the reflector(s)? Also, are you looking for the exterior of the housing to be buffed and polished to a mirror-like sheen, or just plated with the emphasis on the housing interior? Sorry for all of the questions, but since this is a somewhat unconventional request, I need to get my arms around your expectations in order to produce a quote. Feel free to respond via pm if you'd like.

FWIW, I find your idea to be intriguing. Talk about a custom look!

Mike

9teen7t240z    0

As a quick reminder, we are often in need of quality cores that we can use for the purpose of chrome plating and offering them to members in exchange for their cores. This way, you can have an option that enables you to buy a re-chromed part from inventory and send us your cores after you've placed your re-chromed parts on your car. If you have excessive inventory of parts that you are not using, please feel free to contact us for a purchase offer.

Currently, we are needing the following:

Datsun 260z/280z tail light trim bezels:

Datsun Z door pull plastic finishers (chrome)

Datsun s30 chrome door escutcheons

Thanks,

Randy and Mike

Randalla    1

With the craziness of the holidays now upon us I thought I’d follow up to remind you that if you’re still planning to have parts plated, our year end special (20% off) requires parts be received at our depot in Las Vegas by 12/31/2014.  Should you have questions or want quotes on additional pieces, please contact me at: [email protected].   Thank you, Randy

Edited by Randalla

Randalla    1

We’ve had an excellent response to our year-end chrome plating sale and a lot of last minute interest. A number of people have indicated they need to do some disassembly before shipping their parts, with the holidays getting in the way of that. So, we’ve agreed to extend the sale a few days to accommodate those individuals and any others of you who may have come late to the party. We will honor our sale pricing another 10 days, for all parts received at our depot by 1/10/2015. Let me know if there are any parts you’d like quoted. Contact me at [email protected].

Randy

Randalla    1
At the risk of losing all credibility, we have decided to extend the special sale once again till 1/31/15. This really is the last time for extending our sale, lol. The first wave of parts have been released for plating but there's still time to get your's in to our Las Vegas depot prior to 1/31/15 to take advantage of the sale. If you have questions or need a quote, feel free to shoot me an e-mail or ring me at 602-312-4038.

Randalla    1

Just a reminder that Vintage Chrome's special sale expires at the end of this month. If you have parts you'd like chrome plated for your own car, customer's cars, your parts inventory or to re-sell on eBay, there's still time to get them to our Las Vegas depot before 1/31/15. We do expect our costs to rise this year, so will likely not be able to make this same offer again. Shoot me an e-mail with a few pictures and I'll get a quote back to you quickly. [email protected]