HybridZ

Sorrow in my heart :(

ihiryu

Well guys, I got rid of my S30 a few months ago, had issues with rust, parted what I could.  Lost a lot of money on the car, but oh well.

I see everyone else on the boards are still working on their Z's and it makes me a little sad.  I love the community here, everyone here is mature, understanding, and most importantly, helpful.

It just makes me sad that I'm no longer a S30 owner, and that I'll probably never own again.  I still my G35 (I guess it would be the modern day 2+2?), but it didn't get the looks my old S30 did.  Young and old alike.  I miss older fellas seeing me at the gas pump and telling me stories about their college years, or how great the car was, or how fun it was.  And especially when they would say things like, "I'm glad to see that they're (the Z-Car) is still on the road".

However, to keep the spirit of my S30 alive, I'm still here, and still helping the Z community.  I've lived and learned the pain, heartache, and expensive of building one, and it's something I won't forget.

Rust is a cancer on these tin cans , salts and harsh weather kills them , sad to hear that your is gone. Keep an eye out there,  that magical Z is in the horizon . As an old Nippon elder  once mention " Claiming a Z in the heart will  bring one to love ". :lol:

Never say Never,

I loved S30's when i was a kid but i used to build 70's Chevys all the time when i lived in Maryland, I moved to AZ 16 years ago and looked for a another Chevy to build, No dice they were way too expensive out here. Found a 280zx in the back of a car lot for $500 bucks in 2002, wasnt running. I said to call me when you have it running and i will buy it for $600. Went back a week later and bought it, took a side street home and Baam, a 260z for sale sitting in someones yard. Bought it for $200 bucks that same week.

Moral of the story, Cars can be just a wrong turn, side street or back lot away. :ph34r: