HybridZ

Long Tube Headers with 3" Collector (Group Buy)

Howdy yall, 

As we all know the mid length header we all run from JCI limits the Ls power plant a bit. I myself would be fine with the power I'm making if I could just get that deep throatty noise long tube headers supply. So I've spoken with my fabricator who has 20+ Year experience and he would be willing to make a custom set of Long tube headers for the Z. 

I know there have been group buys in the past and I'm just testing the waters in regards to the amount of people wanting a long tube header for the LS Swapped S30. 

Obviously the more people we get to purchase these headers the better the price. We'd really like to get them under 1k but still provide hand made quality work.  

I can upload some of his work tomorrow when I get to the office. If you have any questions please let me know and I can ask him directly. 

post-39800-0-55657800-1417733424_thumb.jpg

Unless this fabricators first name starts with the letter J and his last name starts with C.... You would be time and money ahead to buy a tig welder, spend 3 years taking classes and practicing, buy a tubing bender and three tons of tubing of various sizes to practice with and build them yourself. If you then buy 2 chassis and mock up motors LSx with accessory drives for every imagineable combination from truck to Corvette for both a 1970 240z and 1978 280z, and buy mock up trannys ranging from T56 to include T400, power glide, and the range of newer LS-associated trannys, and could demonstrate in photos that the headers would clear ALL of these combinations, Im in. Otherwise, we've been down this road before where we wait over a year, pay in advance and get a part we can't use. I'm not meaning to seem angry. But that is the kind of actual kind of investment that is needed to make this group buy thing work. I've just found that each of our cars differ just enough for this to not work out like we dream that it would. I have found a local fabricator in my area that (when I need them) can fab up a set based on my car. But this is the same guy who turned a 6-pt roll cage project from a 1-week job to an 11-week job and cost me most of a racing season. I'm good with my simple JTR headers that can be installed or removed in 15 minutes and don't burn my feet. Please forgive me: Im a little down on automotive "professionals" at the moment. If I recall, the last set of group buy headers made like 11hp over baseline. I recently did a standing 1/2-mile event and ran against a Z that had a souped up LS6 with FAST intake, a cam, and Hawks 3rd Gen LT headers ( beautiful pieces to behold). He went 147mph. I went 148 with my bone-stock LS2 with JTR headers and single exhaust. My recommendation is to buy a Flowmaster and find a more worthy project. But I won't hate you if you do this, and long tubes do definitely look and sound cool.

Unless this fabricators first name starts with the letter J and his last name starts with C.... You would be time and money ahead to buy a tig welder, spend 3 years taking classes and practicing, buy a tubing bender and three tons of tubing of various sizes to practice with and build them yourself. If you then buy 2 chassis and mock up motors LSx with accessory drives for every imagineable combination from truck to Corvette for both a 1970 240z and 1978 280z, and buy mock up trannys ranging from T56 to include T400, power glide, and the range of newer LS-associated trannys, and could demonstrate in photos that the headers would clear ALL of these combinations, Im in. Otherwise, we've been down this road before where we wait over a year, pay in advance and get a part we can't use. I'm not meaning to seem angry. But that is the kind of actual kind of investment that is needed to make this group buy thing work. I've just found that each of our cars differ just enough for this to not work out like we dream that it would. I have found a local fabricator in my area that (when I need them) can fab up a set based on my car. But this is the same guy who turned a 6-pt roll cage project from a 1-week job to an 11-week job and cost me most of a racing season. I'm good with my simple JTR headers that can be installed or removed in 15 minutes and don't burn my feet. Please forgive me: Im a little down on automotive "professionals" at the moment. If I recall, the last set of group buy headers made like 11hp over baseline. I recently did a standing 1/2-mile event and ran against a Z that had a souped up LS6 with FAST intake, a cam, and Hawks 3rd Gen LT headers ( beautiful pieces to behold). He went 147mph. I went 148 with my bone-stock LS2 with JTR headers and single exhaust. My recommendation is to buy a Flowmaster and find a more worthy project. But I won't hate you if you do this, and long tubes do definitely look and sound cool.

Damn thanks for the long tube swap header history. Had I known LT headers were a complete shit show I may have kept my mouth shut.  And that's awesome I hope to do a 1/2 event next year. At the moment I've got the new motor being freshened up so I can put the bottle on it and start breaking axles lol. The new motor will be a 6.0 with the same old cam and ls1 intake. however I did see the new MSD intake and my my if she aint purdy . 

The long tubes that I got in the group buy were a bit of a pain in the ass to get the steering set up but after that we were ok. I am running a 4L80E automatic so that may have had some bearing on the outcome.  Mine are not noisy, running dual 3" to a single Magnaflow muffler that has 3" dual in and out.