HybridZ

Tune Review

Ozzie831

Hey everyone, i got my car kinda running today yay! It runs like crap, but it's running. I dont know what to look for to make it run better, im not a tuner by any means. It wont Idle but if I keep giving it gas then it will stay alive. It sounds like its running well at the higher RPMs versus the lower and mid ranges. The car is a 77 280z, MS2 V3.57. Im hoping to hear some suggestions to make the tune better. Thank you for the help. Feel free to ask any questions. 

Tune.rar

Look for peoples tunes that are close to how your engine is set up, copy them and compare the settings and tables to yours. I wouldn't do anything else until you can get the engine to idle well and on its own.

Look on youtube for Cygnus megasquirt settings, he posted a video of his settings there, download that video.

If you don't have a wideband get yourself one asap. If you have a wideband remove the sensor until you can get the engine idling and running smooth at idle. You can ruin the senor if you don't.

What is your setup??.  Stock engine and injectors, Turbo, with which c.c. injectors, non-turbo, fuel only,  and so on.

1977 Datsun 280z 4 speed 2.8L (Turbo-ed)

MS2 V3.57

Upgraded alternator to a mid 80s Nissan Altima (90amp).

MSD 6AL

MSD Blaster 2 Coil

Generic Megasquirt Wiring Harness

280zx Turbo Distributor

Electric Fans

55lb Sieman Deka Injectors 

Innovate Wideband O2

3" Intercooler Pipes

I have looked through one guys tune. Thats how I got it to finally start running. I made a hybrid between that one and the tune that I had from my MS1.