HybridZ

LED turn/running lights

thezguy

I had some spare time while I was building the car so I decided to put some LED lights in the "bumper" they are just cheap LED turn/running lights from eBay. I cut the holes out with a jig saw and squeezed the lights in. Then I just applied some silicone to keep them in place. Pretty simple.

A63B097F-1297-401D-AAC7-325C63660F2E_zps

70DD6343-E0E0-4880-AB66-DDFC784952D5_zps

38094AE6-5840-4A31-8BEF-5FBDE5D29B11_zps

th_CC9D233D-D295-457E-BAA3-640D664F7A46_

F4CAD165-7E93-49CD-B3D3-6911C0D49AB3_zps

Edited by thezguy

I actually like this more and more I look at it! It'd be cool if you like did a slight tint on them so they blended in with the bumper when the lights were off. I'm nt the person that likes tinting/smoking lights AT ALL, but I think it'd be good looking on the turn signals

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - I did totally just steal this idea. :mrgreen:

My Fiat X1/9 front bumper already had cutouts that these fit perfectly into. Thanks for the tip!

Glad it inspired someone else. It has changed the entire from end of the car and looks killer! One of the better miss I've done.

I actually like this more and more I look at it! It'd be cool if you like did a slight tint on them so they blended in with the bumper when the lights were off. I'm nt the person that likes tinting/smoking lights AT ALL, but I think it'd be good looking on the turn signals

It might look good but I just can't bring myself to put tint on any of my lights. I can't stand the way it looks!

I'm never a fan of tinting lights, but this may be the only exception, especially if the led's didn't also work as drl's

Agreed. I think I hit in on the head with this one though. It looks so sick at night with the LED running lights being as bright as they are.

The back is G-O-A-S-T though.... :) Is your bumper fiberglass? I really need to fix my plasma cutter... 

Stupid question- obviously the later model S30s have the signals in the grill, the 240 in the corners. I plan to run an Air dam of course. I am to assume the piece between the corner pieces is not utilized with the air dam. So I would only need the 280Z corner pieces to eliminate my stock signals? Sorry for noob question :)

Edited by Jay_Gadsby

• 2 months later...

What seller did you get these from on ebay?  I have found a few different ones but have not been able to get a sure match.

These are my best guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-DRL-DAYTIME-RUNNING-FOG-LIGHTS-WITH-AMBER-TURN-FUNCTION-HIGH-POWER-GMC-TRUCK-/271622673148?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3df912fc&vxp=mtr

I am actually hoping to fit these in the bumber on the sides since I am shaving my side marker lights.  Do you think they might fit there?  If not I will try and find some smaller ones.

Edited by LinearEdge

What seller did you get these from on ebay?  I have found a few different ones but have not been able to get a sure match.

These are my best guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-DRL-DAYTIME-RUNNING-FOG-LIGHTS-WITH-AMBER-TURN-FUNCTION-HIGH-POWER-GMC-TRUCK-/271622673148?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3df912fc&vxp=mtr

I am actually hoping to fit these in the bumber on the sides since I am shaving my side marker lights.  Do you think they might fit there?  If not I will try and find some smaller ones.

Those are the ones that I bought FWIW.

Dimensions: Roughly (6.1in(L) x .9 IN(W) x .70 in (H)) 155mm(L) x 23mm(W) x 18mm(H))