HybridZ

msqur.com - .msq tune viewing site

BLOZ UP

Hey guys,

It might be a bit early, but I figured I'd spend too much time on the wrong things if I didn't involve the HybridZ community in it. I emailed Phil Tobin (TunerStudio guy, also great developer) to get his input and possible help, but haven't heard a response so I'm going ahead now with the announce. A while back I made a Java application to view VE and spark tables, but it wasn't really that useful. I decided to redo it and learn some new web technologies while I'm at it.

The idea is that I was tired of seeing people try to share their msq files on here and on the web in general, as passing around files that people have to load the full tuning software up to view is really annoying. So now you can take a look at a tune file from (hopefully) any internet enabled device.

So I made msqur.com. It's very beta. You can upload .MSQ files and view them at the link provided after uploading.

I'd like your input on what you want to see from the MSQ files. Please don't say "everything." Read the latest posts in this thread as I'll be updating with features added, known issues, etc.

1. Browse
  2. Engine info
  3. Search
  4. Some constants (inj size and whatnot)
  5. More table options (drop down of which VE, spark, etc).
  6. Warmup/cold start tables and values
  7. Add engine size/# cylinders/forced induction or na/etc. into search
  8. VE normalization (so comparison on the same engine setup is easier)
  9. ???

If you know web development, specifically AngularJS and PHP, and you'd like to help out I can give you access to the repo. I plan on making it public soon, as the project will be open-source.

Also, if you break the application/server and can document the process, I might give you some BTC.

Edited by BLOZ UP

Thanks. I'm going to try and work on it at least once a week. I've got other projects in front of it though, not counting my day job. When these projects get held up or finished I'll be able to devote some more time. Again, I could use some help if anyone is willing to contribute.

Update 0.2a

• Added engine info form on upload: displacement, cylinders, compression, and NA/FI fields working.
  • Basic browsing works.
  • Added blank search/stats pages

It's now a bit more usable. Still, until I settle on a database structure stuff's going to get wiped out every now-and-then, so keep that in mind.

msqur monday

Update 0.3a

• MSQ compatibility improved: 1.13, 2.0.x and 2.6 files working.
  • VE Normalization added (click 'gear' icon, click the checkbox)
  • Fix colorization checkbox so it works.

Known issues:

• VE Normalization cannot be undone by unchecking
  • Axis normalization, whatever that is, isn't enabled. Might be dropped.
  • Some MSQ files won't work. Don't have schema versions so I'm working on it case by case.
Edited by BLOZ UP

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a substantial improvement/refactor. I'll call it v0.5 beta. It know reads in the appropriate INI file for an uploaded MSQ and gathers the schema from that. So now with only a little formatting help it can display a MSQ from any firmware (MS1, MS2, MS2e, etc.) that I can get an INI file for. This is much better than the hacky hack way I was doing it.

I should release to production sometime this week.

I've updated msqur.com to v0.51b. Changes:

• Supports many MSQ files now, by using some INI configuration information.
  • A few bug fixes, error message enhancements
  • Firmware listing and engine information pulling from the MSQ
  • Shows some general settings, cranking info, timing and fuel tables. Easily expanded at this point.
  • Groups things sort of nicely.

All-in-all a much more usable version: http://msqur.com/

• 1 month later...
Updated to v0.60b:

• Added engine make/code to upload form.
  • Added views for each msq.

Other invisible changes were configuration management and a big codebase rewrite.

Can you add MAF curves in there?

That's turned out to be a bit more complicated. But I am working on more INI file compatibility that relates to this, so it's being worked on.

Edited by BLOZ UP

• 1 month later...
MSQur Update to 0.72b:

• Update INI parsing so more files are supported, and more data is displayed (not 100% complete)
  • UI update so all this new data is slightly better organized (slide down sections)
  • Bug fixes and other minor things

Known issues:

• MS3 support is poor
  • Constants are displayed ugly and all at once. Array constants are hard coded out.

A few more updates and I'll release it open source, as I need to move on to other projects.

Edited by BLOZ UP

• 3 weeks later...