HybridZ
JPN_Garage

S30 JPN Garage BC Coilovers

JPN_Garage    3

We worked with BC for months to make these possible.

We took every S30 owner in consideration from the all stock driver to the frame bangers so these were developed with all of us in mind, we dare to say that this is the best coilover option in the S30 Market.

$1195 Shipped in the US

Store link :

http://www.jpngarage.com/BC-Coilovers_c7.htm

BC S30 kit Spring Diameters:

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

Datsun S30 BC Coilovers options:

1) 1970 240Z to early 74 260Z  (50mm shock body)

2) 1974.5 260Z to 1978 280Z   (55mm shock body)

Camber plate options: (No Cutting Required)

*The first style of camber plate is the direct bolt on style which offers a 3 bolt design that bolts into the strut tower with no cutting or welding required.

*The second option for camber plates is a 4 bolt design that allows for more extreme camber (both positive & negative).  

The 4-bolt design utilizes two of the factory holes but still requires two new holes be drilled.

You''l notice the dropped style camber plates which allow you to be able to adjust the camber and maintain stock mounting points.

Specs:

BC's coilovers has a patented concave lower locking rings that are a part of these new coilovers.

These rings insure that all adjustments made stay locked tight in place to keep suspension geometry precise.  

Ride height is adjusted independent from the struts like in most of  BC's other coilover applications.

Dampening adjustments are easily accessed through the center of the strut tower mount.

post-40351-0-78929300-1418428553_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-66289500-1418428554_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-08249700-1418428556_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-08089900-1418428557_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-87650100-1418428557_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-31330100-1418428558_thumb.jpg

Edited by JPN_Garage

calpoly-z    10

Has anyone posted reviews of these yet? I've read through the initial thread and while it appears that several people have ordered and installed these, I've yet to come across anybody posting their impressions of the kit. Does anyone have impressions of ride quality, NVH, handling, etc for this coilover setup? 

SleeperZ    3

Has anyone posted reviews of these yet? I've read through the initial thread and while it appears that several people have ordered and installed these, I've yet to come across anybody posting their impressions of the kit. Does anyone have impressions of ride quality, NVH, handling, etc for this coilover setup? 

I too am interested in feedback on these units from people who have installed and driven them.  I would like to hear how the dampers perform along with the available spring rates.

I am looking to get a set of these in the spring.  It would be very nice to get a list of available spring rates, as I am looking to get 3.5k for the front and 4.5k for the rear.  If JPN Garage does not supply them in those rates, perhaps I can source them elsewhere.  What length and ID springs are used for the BC coilovers, front and rear?

JPN_Garage    3

I hear you can pick your spring rate with these, but did not see an option when ordering through the website. Is that an option? What would be recommended rates?

You can definitely choose your own spring ratio with this kit. We tested our 240Z and we found that the most comfortable street drive was with 5K front and rear but we have also sold various sets to customers with swaps and they choose 7K front 6K rear and love it. 

I too am interested in feedback on these units from people who have installed and driven them.  I would like to hear how the dampers perform along with the available spring rates.

I am looking to get a set of these in the spring.  It would be very nice to get a list of available spring rates, as I am looking to get 3.5k for the front and 4.5k for the rear.  If JPN Garage does not supply them in those rates, perhaps I can source them elsewhere.  What length and ID springs are used for the BC coilovers, front and rear?

You can choose 3k or 4k but the ride would be very soft, we tested a lot or ratios and 5K was the best street ratio, we also do revalving for free at the time of purchase if needed. 

You can choose form 3K to 10K if you want.

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

Would like some feedback as well, looking into coil overs soon.

The BC coilover setup is the best S30 kit in the market.  B)

SleeperZ    3

You can definitely choose your own spring ratio with this kit. We tested our 240Z and we found that the most comfortable street drive was with 5K front and rear but we have also sold various sets to customers with swaps and they choose 7K front 6K rear and love it. 

You can choose 3k or 4k but the ride would be very soft, we tested a lot or ratios and 5K was the best street ratio, we also do revalving for free at the time of purchase if needed. 

You can choose form 3K to 10K if you want.

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

From my reading of this website a popular spring rate for a street/track car, uncaged, is 200lb front and 250lb rear.  That translates to 3.5k front and 4.5k rear, which is significantly firmer than stock, and very similar to my Eibach kit I am currently running.  I would not go firmer as street driving would be intolerable, at least given the poor road conditions in Denver.

Thanks very much for the information.  It sounds like your standard springs are only available in 1k increments, so 3.5k and 4.5k are NOT options.  Are the swift springs available in 0.5k increments?

From my reading of this website a popular spring rate for a street/track car, uncaged, is 200lb front and 250lb rear. That translates to 3.5k front and 4.5k rear, which is significantly firmer than stock, and very similar to my Eibach kit I am currently running. I would not go firmer as street driving would be intolerable, at least given the poor road conditions in Denver.

Thanks very much for the information. It sounds like your standard springs are only available in 1k increments, so 3.5k and 4.5k are NOT options. Are the swift springs available in 0.5k increments?

At the spring rates you are running the struts, dampers, you are running is what is dictating your ride comfort. A 200lb spring should not be uncomfortably stiff unless you are running some pretty poorly matched struts or they are adjusted incorrectly. When a spring is well dampened it will feel softer.

Perfect example, my old Mata felt like I was riding with 2x4s for suspension with the junk tein basics I had with a 7k front spring. I rode a friends car with a very high end AST/Moton setup running ~14k front springs and his car was more comfortable on the road. Its all about controlling the spring and dampening its frequencies.

My point is, a well setup and matched suspension running the rates you are interested in will feel very soft.

JPN_Garage    3

For street driving with a bit of track/autocross what spring rates would you recommend? I'm looking for something that will not be uncomfortable but can still corner flat and handle well. I was thinking 7k front and 6k for the rear?

7K front 6K rear will fill your needs.

A good daily drive kit is 5K front 4K rear.