* * * * * 1 votes

S30 JPN Garage BC Coilovers

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

We worked with BC for months to make these possible.

We took every S30 owner in consideration from the all stock driver to the frame bangers so these were developed with all of us in mind, we dare to say that this is the best coilover option in the S30 Market.

$1195 Shipped in the US

Store link :

http://www.jpngarage...oilovers_c7.htm

BC S30 kit Spring Diameters:

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

Datsun S30 BC Coilovers options:

1) 1970 240Z to early 74 260Z  (50mm shock body)

2) 1974.5 260Z to 1978 280Z   (55mm shock body)

Camber plate options: (No Cutting Required)

*The first style of camber plate is the direct bolt on style which offers a 3 bolt design that bolts into the strut tower with no cutting or welding required.

*The second option for camber plates is a 4 bolt design that allows for more extreme camber (both positive & negative).  

The 4-bolt design utilizes two of the factory holes but still requires two new holes be drilled.

You''l notice the dropped style camber plates which allow you to be able to adjust the camber and maintain stock mounting points.

Specs:

BC's coilovers has a patented concave lower locking rings that are a part of these new coilovers.

These rings insure that all adjustments made stay locked tight in place to keep suspension geometry precise.  

Ride height is adjusted independent from the struts like in most of  BC's other coilover applications.

Dampening adjustments are easily accessed through the center of the strut tower mount.

Attached Files

Edited by JPN_Garage, 20 January 2015 - 11:38 AM.

www.jpngarage.com

#2 Brendanm71240z

Brendanm71240z
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Are these completely bolt in or will they require any cutting/welding to make them work? Also Will they work with the stock holes or are the camber plates necessary to make them work?

#3 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Only welding required is on the bottom stock shock body.

Our 3 bolt camber plates are made to bolt in.

www.jpngarage.com

#4 Benjamin

Benjamin
  • LocationBatonRouge louisiana

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

I hear you can pick your spring rate with these, but did not see an option when ordering through the website. Is that an option? What would be recommended rates?

Edited by Benjamin, 14 January 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#5 calpoly-z

calpoly-z
  • LocationMidland, Texas

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Has anyone posted reviews of these yet? I've read through the initial thread and while it appears that several people have ordered and installed these, I've yet to come across anybody posting their impressions of the kit. Does anyone have impressions of ride quality, NVH, handling, etc for this coilover setup? 

'77 280z w/ L28ET .75mm over, MSnSe1v3 , 3.7 LSD, 440cc Supra injectors, GT3071, intercooled, Eibach springs, 240sx trans, Vintage Air , etc.

Currently: Finally running/driving after 4 yrs down. Tuning and buttoning up all the random loose ends left over from a long term project.

#6 SleeperZ

SleeperZ
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

Has anyone posted reviews of these yet? I've read through the initial thread and while it appears that several people have ordered and installed these, I've yet to come across anybody posting their impressions of the kit. Does anyone have impressions of ride quality, NVH, handling, etc for this coilover setup? 

I too am interested in feedback on these units from people who have installed and driven them.  I would like to hear how the dampers perform along with the available spring rates.

I am looking to get a set of these in the spring.  It would be very nice to get a list of available spring rates, as I am looking to get 3.5k for the front and 4.5k for the rear.  If JPN Garage does not supply them in those rates, perhaps I can source them elsewhere.  What length and ID springs are used for the BC coilovers, front and rear?

1978 280Z -->  L28ET, MS3, T3/T4 (V1/V2), 440cc injectors, Spearco IC, BW T5

Otherwise all stock.

#7 chaos

chaos
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Would like some feedback as well, looking into coil overs soon.

#8 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

There's been over 30 kits sold already but not much of them post or have accounts on Hybrid Z.

www.jpngarage.com

#9 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

I hear you can pick your spring rate with these, but did not see an option when ordering through the website. Is that an option? What would be recommended rates?

You can definitely choose your own spring ratio with this kit. We tested our 240Z and we found that the most comfortable street drive was with 5K front and rear but we have also sold various sets to customers with swaps and they choose 7K front 6K rear and love it. 

I too am interested in feedback on these units from people who have installed and driven them.  I would like to hear how the dampers perform along with the available spring rates.

I am looking to get a set of these in the spring.  It would be very nice to get a list of available spring rates, as I am looking to get 3.5k for the front and 4.5k for the rear.  If JPN Garage does not supply them in those rates, perhaps I can source them elsewhere.  What length and ID springs are used for the BC coilovers, front and rear?

You can choose 3k or 4k but the ride would be very soft, we tested a lot or ratios and 5K was the best street ratio, we also do revalving for free at the time of purchase if needed. 

You can choose form 3K to 10K if you want.

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

Would like some feedback as well, looking into coil overs soon.

The BC coilover setup is the best S30 kit in the market.  B)

www.jpngarage.com

#10 SleeperZ

SleeperZ
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

You can definitely choose your own spring ratio with this kit. We tested our 240Z and we found that the most comfortable street drive was with 5K front and rear but we have also sold various sets to customers with swaps and they choose 7K front 6K rear and love it. 

You can choose 3k or 4k but the ride would be very soft, we tested a lot or ratios and 5K was the best street ratio, we also do revalving for free at the time of purchase if needed. 

You can choose form 3K to 10K if you want.

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

From my reading of this website a popular spring rate for a street/track car, uncaged, is 200lb front and 250lb rear.  That translates to 3.5k front and 4.5k rear, which is significantly firmer than stock, and very similar to my Eibach kit I am currently running.  I would not go firmer as street driving would be intolerable, at least given the poor road conditions in Denver.

Thanks very much for the information.  It sounds like your standard springs are only available in 1k increments, so 3.5k and 4.5k are NOT options.  Are the swift springs available in 0.5k increments?

1978 280Z -->  L28ET, MS3, T3/T4 (V1/V2), 440cc injectors, Spearco IC, BW T5

Otherwise all stock.

#11 chaos

chaos
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

If you get something like this let me know how you like em sleeperz, I'm looking to get some too and live in the fort collins area.

#12 Slowpoke

Slowpoke
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

Just got mine! Came super quick. Everything lookd great. I'll post pics of the install, in a few days.

#13 Benjamin

Benjamin
  • LocationBatonRouge louisiana

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

I couldn't wait, Pulled the trigger with 6k front springs and 5k in the rear!

#14 1vicissitude

1vicissitude
  • LocationAnaheim Hills, CA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

From my reading of this website a popular spring rate for a street/track car, uncaged, is 200lb front and 250lb rear. That translates to 3.5k front and 4.5k rear, which is significantly firmer than stock, and very similar to my Eibach kit I am currently running. I would not go firmer as street driving would be intolerable, at least given the poor road conditions in Denver.

Thanks very much for the information. It sounds like your standard springs are only available in 1k increments, so 3.5k and 4.5k are NOT options. Are the swift springs available in 0.5k increments?

At the spring rates you are running the struts, dampers, you are running is what is dictating your ride comfort. A 200lb spring should not be uncomfortably stiff unless you are running some pretty poorly matched struts or they are adjusted incorrectly. When a spring is well dampened it will feel softer.

Perfect example, my old Mata felt like I was riding with 2x4s for suspension with the junk tein basics I had with a 7k front spring. I rode a friends car with a very high end AST/Moton setup running ~14k front springs and his car was more comfortable on the road. Its all about controlling the spring and dampening its frequencies.

My point is, a well setup and matched suspension running the rates you are interested in will feel very soft.

#15 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Delivery time is now 10 to 15 days after order  :D 

www.jpngarage.com

#16 MrKrispy1183

MrKrispy1183
  • LocationWinnetka/Los Angeles, CA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

You'll be getting an order from me soon
'01 MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent l '76 HLS30 Championship White
Posted Image

#17 motorsci

motorsci
  • LocationIndiana Fort Wayne

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

I just got mine they look great ill post pics as soon as there installed 

#18 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

We have 6 240 kits in stock so place your orders.

www.jpngarage.com

#19 Poundz9oh9

Poundz9oh9
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

How about just the camber plates? In stock too?
---Marcus---
77 280Z The typical "Work in Progress" for this site :)

#20 1vicissitude

1vicissitude
  • LocationAnaheim Hills, CA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

We have 6 240 kits in stock so place your orders.

What spring rates do you stock?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users