HybridZ

VVTI Aristo Ignitor help!?

KTMStrawn

Hey so I am trying to get a new ignitor for my motor since the motor did not come with it. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any difference between the JDM Aristo Ignitor and the USDM Supra ignitor? From my searches I can only find used ignitors on eBay for the aristos and I would prefer to stick with new factory parts. Does anyone know the right part number for an ignitor for an aristo 2jzgte VVTI?

89621-30020 is what I found.

Do your own research though, could be wrong.

Call toyota or refer to the FSM to look up the part number.

Seems like it was used in several toyota vehicles of the era, there's some listings on Ebay saying that it is from the JDM model, so if you are worried about compatibility and don't want to spend any time making sure I would grab one of those. Or a quick phone call or trip to the local dealer might be more helpful. Even if the guy doesn't know if you give him the model and year to start with, or the part number above he should be able to trace the cross references to come up with an answer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-TOYOTA-2JZ-GTE-VVT-i-IGNITER-SUPRA-ARISTO-1JZ-GTE-89621-30020-/161505883681?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item259a803621&vxp=mtr