HybridZ

Interior vinyl - what is the best way to glue it?

drdiabetezx66x

Guys i am trying to figure out the best way to glue the factory vinyl back on the strut towers.  I know contact adhesive is what most people use.  Is this really the easiest/best way to do it?  With all of the different angles and cuts of the vinyl coverings, it seems like it won't be easy to do on the first shot.  Most seem like they start from the top, with the vinyl inside-out, and work their way down.

But is there an adhesive that can be used that won't bond on contact like the contact adhesive?  Something that once the vinyl is in place, can be moved around a bit to make sure the vinyl is where it needs to go exactly?  Any help here would be appreciated.  Getting this vinyl glued on is stopping me from finishing a lot of the trim work as it goes underneath quite a few pieces obviously.

Thanks

I have used the 3M interior adhesive on my Z32 with success. It is not an instant grab like the contact glue, it gives you some wiggle room to move things how they need to be. Not a huge window of time, but enough. It is a spray on glue. 

I actually used it for the headliner and i guess there was a little more "wiggle room" as far as time.  May end up using this again.  Thanks.