HybridZ

Turn Signal wiring NIGHTMARE!

Hello all,

I seem to run into an issue with my turn signal lever and headlights. For some odd reason the wiring got hot and nothing works. :cry2: All the wires on the boad on the lever is black and some are burnt through. Obvisuly I had a short or a fuse that didnt pop when it should have.

Here is my million dollar question.

I would like to rewire my entire car using a painless wiring kit, I would even use GM flashers and fuse box. My question is, does anyone have a wiring diagram or color codes of the wires on the turn signal switch and what they go to. Hot, Ground, etc.I searched the Archives but cant find anything.  Its not like I want to hook up power to my car and start testing every connection, something else might fry. I would like to solder the new wires to the old switch to keep the nestaligic look. any thoughts or Ideas?? I seem to be a t a loss at this point. I just figured 30 + years of harsh climate and mice that all my wiring should be replaced.

Any Help would be appreciated or a link would be gratefull.

thanks again.

DatsunZman04, :2thumbs: