HybridZ

Billet RB26 DrySump pan

skyline240z

No idea yet on pricing, I'm putting in the money and time for now, I'm making it at my machine shop.

Here is what it looks like today.

Let's see, $250 for the aluminum, you're probably going to be in the CNC better part of a day, that's another $480 @ $60/hr. After running the first one and optimizing your machining processes might get it down to 1/2 day in the CNC! You have already put in several hours (days) capturing geometry, generating a CAD model, writing code to run your CNC, one offs ain't cheap!

chris

Hi Chris,

The material is pretty close. You're off on the production side if there is. There is no machine shop that will be able to make a pan like this in half a day, even though you have to make a production run. I think realistically it will take a full day to make one of these. I don't foresee making lots of them. It took me days to measure it up, design and draw in CAD and program it. It will probably take three days to finish the first piece. You're right that it won't be cheap. This pan will have three -12 AN fittings coming out from the driver's side. Raw Brokerage sells theirs for $1250 and that one is nowhere as complex as mine. I will guess it will be somewhere in the $1500 to $1600 range.

Rick

post-181-0-19766500-1419549173_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-22591400-1419549087_thumb.jpg

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
fixed image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Great work! Have you considered direct mounting the pump to the pan. Check out Dailey Engineering in CA http://www.daileyengineering.com/home/oil-pans/

I have used Bill's pumps in the past and they are very reliable. When i have designed pans for work, i found that it was nice to machine channels into the pan to direct oil to the scavenge ports of the pump. Much easier than packaging -12 lines.