HybridZ

Another I'm about to buy MSII and need to make sure I'm getting the right stuff topic

Co0ke

I'm about purchase MSII - Right now I have a 260z with a 83 L28ET running on the stock ECU. The only upgrades are Walboro 255ph and GM HEI 4-PIN Module. Car runs ok has some idle issues and I want to start turning up the boost.  I want to control fuel and spark.

Here is what I am thinking of getting

MSII V3.0 assembled ($435)  -- heard this is better because it doesn't need to be modded to control spark

GM Open Element IAT w/ piggy ($22.35)

10' wiring harness ($79.00)

TPS - Not sure which to get? 240sx?

MAP sensor - not sure which to get?

LS-1 Wideband - ebay($150)

Pretty sure I can use the 83 dizzy's trigger wheel? 

Will be using the stock CHTS

My final plan is to reach 250whp. Have an intercooler and plan on using manual boost controller.  Also need to look into larger fuel lines I believe.  I rebuilt, installed and wired up the L28ET myself so that's about the limit to my ECU knowledge at this point.

This is the biggest purchase for my car thus far so I want to make sure I'm making a good decision as I read both positive and negative feedback on megasquirt on here. 

Thank for all your help!

MAP is built into MSII. Comes with a 2.5 bar sensor. If you plan on running more then 20lbs of boost then you will want the MAP daddy upgrade

TPS really doesn't matter as long as it fits to the intake manifold. Popular and easy is the 240sx, or you can buy an adapter and a universal throttle body, up to you whatever is available really. You can calibrate any variable TPS sensor, just have to make sure it isn't just a WOT switch

You have to buy the DIY autotune trigger wheel for the dizzy. The factory dizzy wheel will not work if I remember correctly.

As long as the curve is available for the CTS then that should be fine.

Install an additional driver for an electronic boost controller. The ECU can control a boost solenoid, might as well take advantage of it.

Just FYI, if you title your post tstating that you are aware that the topic has been covered, asking similar questions that have been covered in those threads is a bit silly.

Do some more reading, the more you know the easier the install will go.

Have DIY  make sure they have the BIP373 installed on the board for firing a coil.  (IIRC the 3.57 MS2 doesn't come with this it is considered a "mod").  Also,  if it were me, I'd have them mod the board for electronic boost control and install the going low circuit for flat shift so you can wire a clutch switch into MS.  I bought a 3.57 originally, then gravitated to a 3.0 I built so I could have more "usable" features.  If they mod the board, and tell you what pins they terminated those signal wires to you have everything else covered it seems.