HybridZ

81 s130 t top

boosted280

I'm back again with my new project even though 99% of yall never realized I was gone. Haha. I had to part out my last project which happened to go to a member on here who ended up parting it out again. But this time I picked up a rust bucket of a 280zx t top (with no rust around the t tops) complete car with 3 spare matching rims for 400 bucks. If it runs is unknown right now but it is complete with a clear title. I will have a lot of cutting and welding in my future to replace all the rusted out parts. I will post pics tomorrow of the starting point.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've collected a few parts over the past week and still dont know what direction I want to go with the car. Here is a current list of parts I collected:

MSQ-II V3

Edis setup

P90 head

spare turbo mani

turbo oil pan

spare intake mani

and another motor to use for my next build if I go with the turbo route

Also I have ordered and will probably install this weekend stainless steel brake lines along with new(to me) injectors. My brakes seem locked up so since I loaned my wheels to a buddy I figure its perfect time to do this and maybe the clutch slave since its stuck on the floor.

Where in texas are you? There doesn't seem to be many Hybrid Z's in Texas, or at least in the Houston area where I'm located. I'm always looking for parts to swap or barter, I have a Miller Syncrowave Tig and can weld anything you need done…. I plan on going  MS as well and welding/shaving the stock intake manifold, could do yours while Im at it. 

The car in my signature is one I build in high school & college, it's long gone now and I'm starting new, doing everything right this time. LOL. 

Yea the blue one in my avatar is my old one obviously. haha. And Im not to far from Tomball area if youre familiar with that. Theres actually a larger group of older z's in the houston area then I thought. They just seem to be more active on Facebook. Im still trying to decide what I want to do to this one, but in the end I plan for it all to be done correctly.

What my current parts collection looks like so far if I stick with the L28..

I also have 5 dished pistons laying around and need to come across a 6th one if anyone has a spare rod and piston they want to let go cheap.

post-5318-0-90500900-1422638506_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-35702800-1422638517_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-46744400-1422638526_thumb.jpg

Edited by boosted280

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My old one welded up fine. Of course I had it done by a pro. And i went with the Rb20 and will probably do a few minor upgrades to it before its running. I know a lot of people would say its a waste, but the amount I had left to get my l-series where I wanted it and the cost and reliability the rb should have, I went that route.

• 2 months later...

So I have been slacking alot. Besides ordering a few parts not much progress has been made. I set a goal of September 30th to have the car running and in primer. And with a wedding and everything it has very little time to waste on anything else that has been taking up most of my time. Not to mention the rain we been getting here. Anyway so far all Ive really done is pull the old motor and driver side carpet. And yes that line of what appears to be dirt  by the gas pedal is my "shop" floor which is dirt. And the whole driver side floor support will need to be cut off and replaced. Any suggestions for this?

post-5318-0-36860800-1432654457_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-96328200-1432654612_thumb.jpg

Any help here with how to separate this? Trying to salvage this t-top but its getting closer to going to scrap. Passenger side is the same way if not worse. Going to redo the whole floor support once i get the floor repaired. Any help on how to separate the floor pan from the rail is greatly appreciated. Sorry about the crappy pictures.

post-5318-0-02158700-1433626053_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-88521600-1433626069_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-91085700-1433626092_thumb.jpg

Edited by boosted280

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...