HybridZ

S130 Interchangeable springs?

Ok I am very new to owning a S130. I owned a S110 (82 200sx) back in the day but Z(X) bodies I'm new to, so please take this into consideration.

I bought my car lowered already, but it is on cut springs. My suspension and return spring rate are horrible because of it. I'm looking to go stock height (possibly lower) but am having a hard time finding springs.

So my question to you guys is this:

What springs, from any car, would be a simple swap into my car? As long as it fits and doesn't slide out, I'm fine with that. This also could very well help us all open our options for spring choice when searching.

Now I might have passed it up and not seen a post already about this. But I could be wrong. So please help me and help save my S130's suspension. Haha.

Edited by ProjectDatsun916

There are some old mercedez springs that guys used to run. Very stiff and long but they would cut them down and adapt them. There is info about it on this site. Also s13 stuff is not hard to swap over, making brake and bearing upgrades even easier.

Do you think the length and spring rate would raise the car more because of that?

I think it's gonna die cause nobody understands your question. And when you try to clarify your question you leave us even more confused. Get a friend (maybe an English teacher) to help you compose your question. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you get whatever it is you are after.

Hybridz may not have the exact answer you need.

Try this:

• copy and paste into Google search:   site: classiczcars.com s130 spring swaps  or site: classiczcars.com 280zx spring swaps    etc
  • Google s130 spring swaps
  • etc

use above search format to  search other Nissan and other Z car websites.  There are many.

For the front your just gonna need Datsun springs, no crossover there. You can post an add to find those or wrecking yard hunting. Getting lowering springs is also an option. As got the Mercedes springs, yes they work in the rear. I have a set in mine, 4 coils needs to be removed to attain stock ride height. They are from an 85 300d model. Try looking up ground control for the front. It's a threaded sleeve that mimics coilovers and mounts to your current strut. Hope that helps

For the front your just gonna need Datsun springs, no crossover there. You can post an add to find those or wrecking yard hunting. Getting lowering springs is also an option. As got the Mercedes springs, yes they work in the rear. I have a set in mine, 4 coils needs to be removed to attain stock ride height. They are from an 85 300d model. Try looking up ground control for the front. It's a threaded sleeve that mimics coilovers and mounts to your current strut. Hope that helps

That actually does help. How affected is the spring rate when you cut the springs? I might go spring hunting soon if that's the case because my spring rate is horrible and my S130 is getting battered on the underside. And would both front and rear springs work from that Mercedes model?

Only the fronts work for our rears. It really helped out the squat that comes with the s130's. What I also found is the car is very predictable to autox now. It's a great balance on the cheap. I found cars with lowering springs didn't handle as nice compared to mine with stock fronts and 300d rears. The lowering springs available still squated quite a bit and ended up creating a front push condition. Hope that info helps