HybridZ

Black LS1 Hybrid Z on Ebay,

PLATA

Wasn't this on Ebay about a month ago?

It was, I recall seeing it before.  Reserve wasn't met, at around $25k-ish I think.  

Sharp car, not much to dislike, it's clean looking and the interior has been left mostly stock, which is always a plus.  Hood vents aren't my style, but hey, he tried something a little different there.  Rad support being missing is interesting...  Dislike what looks like a DIY front grill - although I also dislike the JDM one that looks like that as well.  Some pics of the underside of the car would be nice.  

Biggest problem with that ad is the line "JUST TO MUXH TO WRITE UP THIS IS SHOW QUALITY BIG $$$$$$$$$$ MONEY INVESTED "

If you want top dollar for your BIG $$$$$$$$ MONEY INVESTED car, you should NOT be too lazy to at least list some of the modifications on the car, especially when it's on ebay.  Saying new suspension and upgraded brakes doesn't tell the buyer much at all, especially when you lace those modifications with exaggerated superlatives.

Sorry for the little rant, just a personal pet peeve and I remember the headaches of dealing with listings like this when I was looking to buy my Z a few years back...

It was, I recall seeing it before.  Reserve wasn't met, at around $25k-ish I think.  

Sharp car, not much to dislike, it's clean looking and the interior has been left mostly stock, which is always a plus.  Hood vents aren't my style, but hey, he tried something a little different there.  Rad support being missing is interesting...  Dislike what looks like a DIY front grill - although I also dislike the JDM one that looks like that as well.  Some pics of the underside of the car would be nice.  

Biggest problem with that ad is the line "JUST TO MUXH TO WRITE UP THIS IS SHOW QUALITY BIG $$$$$$$$$$ MONEY INVESTED "

If you want top dollar for your BIG $$$$$$$$ MONEY INVESTED car, you should NOT be too lazy to at least list some of the modifications on the car, especially when it's on ebay.  Saying new suspension and upgraded brakes doesn't tell the buyer much at all, especially when you lace those modifications with exaggerated superlatives.

Sorry for the little rant, just a personal pet peeve and I remember the headaches of dealing with listings like this when I was looking to buy my Z a few years back...

I agree, the more info on the mods will be a plus to a potential buyer at that coin .

Anybody concerned about that oil pressure?

No, not if at operating temperature.  My fully warmed up car with oil up to temp will usually idle at 20 psi or so.  At first start up, though, I am up over 50 psi.

I'd be more worried about the vacuum unless he has a cam.

How about some under body shots?  Was the car a full media restoration?  I know mine is and I'd show the heck out of the under carriage because it's so clean!

Could have used cleaner pictures too.

My Z also has a super clean under carriage , showing it might encourage more $$$$$$  :D

Lot's of little things that worry me a bit.  

First and foremost is the missing radiator support.  That's a structural item.

The front strut tower braces hooked to the firewall but not each other - significantly reduces their ability to do their job properly.

Radio - looks almost original - in a car with "significant expense"? I'm not paying big bucks for a 30 year old AM/FM.

Interior - basically a refurbished stock interior.  No real money here.

Single exhaust out the back. If the exhaust is Y'd together and then run on as a single to out the rear then some HP is being left on the table.

All-in-all it looks like someone took a generally nice Z, put a fancied up LS1 in it, and painted it. 

If they got bids up to $26,600 that way then one that lists all the sweet stuff should do even better. I don't think they listed more because there really wasn't any more to list other than the LS, some ZG flares so it can run wider wheels/tires, and the Autometer gauges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...