Hey guys. some of you might know me from a lot of other Forums. I'm from switzerland and own a few (over here) rare cars like a JDM EK9 i imported a few years ago and love to drive.
However 4 years or so ago i decided to get something classic and after a while i found myself in the middle of a huge Project.
you can read a full build thread from the history till now with a ton of pictures and specs including a lot of rare parts here:
But for all that don't want to read through 29 pages of a build i decided to make a short version here and will update it like the other build threads in future:
1) Bought a car without carbs and a few dents and stuff like this in 2010:
2) had it stripped down to bare shell and put it into a rotisserie in spring 2011:
3) figured out the chassis was shit due to a lot of bad repair attempts but then got told about a cheap Z near me which was for sale so i checked it and bought it for 300 Bucks the next day.
was also in bad shape due to standing in the snow without a sunroof fitted, but was so cheap and at least it was all original and not too much fucked up. i had to have it...
4) a few months ago i had the second car stripped to bare shell as well and put it on a rolling jig and sent it to the bodyshop for a ground up restauration which includes a lot of metal fabrication:
5) this is the current state at the bodyshop. will stay a few more months there but will keep you updated:
I have also done a lot of things like reworking all the subframe parts and had them powdercoated and bought a lot of stuff. some pretty rare things like
- Bride histrix seats
- OEM NOS Framerails
- New OEM Roof without sunroof
- Kakimoto valve cover
- hayashi racing drum brakes
- Watanabe Falcon steering wheel
- Saito Rollcage
- and a ton of parts from Nismo / Kameari / Tomei / Omori / Koyorad / Rocky Auto / Tokico / Kyo-Ei / IPF / Trust / Greddy / Nagisa Motorsports / Autorefine....
Currently ordering all the the OEM Bolts from Nissan (a lot of work to get all the partnumbers,...) and trying to get some information on some rare oldschool Intake manifolds (if someone knows anything about the "Ohtsuka" intake manifold - please let me know!!!)
However still need a lot of parts. if you're interrested in all the details click the link on top. will document the build detailed from the current point on here as well
Edited by jdmjunkies.ch, 13 January 2015 - 01:22 PM.