#141 jdmjunkies.ch

jdmjunkies.ch

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I forget if I've already said this, but I think this may end up being among the very nicest of S30s on the planet when it's done. I bet all those little pieces are adding up fast though. This is why I'll never do a proper restoration haha.

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words. However i guess there will be nicer Z's around than mine, even when completed :)
I guess the parts costs do add up, but honestly money doesn't count. It's not like i have a lot, but whenever i have a few dollers left i buy something small. I've been working on this project for more than 7 years now and i guess it will take me a few more so who cares about it all. I have an idea and i want to get there, no matter how long it will take me to save the money :)

jdmbanner2011.jpg
My real JDM RHD EK9 & S30Z Project build Blog --> klick <--

#142 jdmjunkies.ch

jdmjunkies.ch

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted A week ago

While i consider the 240Z quite a common classic (compared to other cars) around the world, it can get hard to find good quality spare-parts - especially for the parts that where installed in markets outside america only. As it is the case with the 5-speed transmission (only optional and rare in the USA). And then even more specially in the case of the early FS5C71A transmission, which i happen to have.
SAM_0316-Kopie.jpg

This means a lot of reasearch and sometimes going to the other side of the world and as far as Australia to find some quality parts.
SAM_0317-Kopie.jpg

In this case i have to thank the guys at www.SWMotorsport.com.au for providing me with the right parts for my Transmission.
SAM_0318-Kopie.jpg

Today i finally got a delivery of:
- Bearing kit
- Front Seal
- Rear Seal
- 1x Front & 2x Center gaskets
- Gear lever Pin & Clip
- Roll Pin
- Speedo drive Seal
- Striker shaft seal
SAM_0319-Kopie.jpg

And all for a decent price and fast shippin too! Thank you so much for the great service. Nice to still have those small shops able to provide the market with the stuff we need :)
SAM_0320-Kopie.jpg

jdmbanner2011.jpg

#143 jdmjunkies.ch

jdmjunkies.ch

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 3 days ago

Nothing big, but at the recent Japanclassic.ch show i met my buddy Stefan who had a little gift for me: A NOS Air filter complete with factory boxing. I love this kind of stuff and another piece in the puzzle :)
SAM_0435-Kopie.jpg

jdmbanner2011.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users