HybridZ

Easy rear alignment fix S130

So I found myself in an interesting dilemma.  I had to move to Hawaii for a job.  I brought my 280zx with me and to get it to pass their recon and safety checks, I have to get an alignment that shows the car is within factory alignment spec's.  I just had the Firestone inform me that the front is out but I will taking care of that with a TTT camber kit and adjustable tension control rod.  The front was -1.5 camber, 4.4 caster, and 0.01 toe on the left.... and -1.0 camber, 3.8 caster, and 0.20 toe on the right.  The front has all new urethane bushings as of three years ago (except for the tension control rod front/outer which is rubber).  I stacked the TC rods with a urethane on the inside/back.

The rears were sitting at -2.1 and -1.8 camber and -0.22 left toe and -0.14 right toe.  From what I know there are really not any adjustable options for the rear on the ZX.  However I was wondering if I didn't have the full tank of gas would it have been better off.  I'm only about 1 degree too much negative camber on the rear.  I may also temporarily add some of those coil spring spacers in the back to help, although I don't like them.  I'm not sure what I can do about the toe.  I did have all of the rear bushings replaced about three years ago with urethane.  Any recommendations?

Right now it's sitting on Tokico Blues with their springs at all four corners.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a place in Australia again thanks to some other posts I found here and other places to get some better quality eccentric bolt rear toe adjusters.  Well at least they looked pretty good online.  K-Mac.  They seemed to offer quite a wide range of similar parts for many cars.  They should be delivered within a week or so.  For now I'm going to keep burning down the full 21 gal gas tank in the ZX and look for some of those cheap coil spring inserts to bring the ride height back up temporarily to get the rear alignment checked and hopefully just back within the limits of the factory spec.  This should get me through the Hawaii inspections for the time being and registered while I wait for the rear kit to come.  I'm interested to see how much the temp "fixes" will change the static rear alignment.