HybridZ
sayitaintjonas

Blower Motor Upgrade (Kia Sportage)

On 5/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, JoeK said:

Anybody know where to get the proper electrical plug for that fan? That fan right into my housing, no trimming. But need the plug to wire it up. Thanks, Joe

The stock plug on the '74-'76 fits the Kia blower without modification. (I'm assuming the '77-'78 are the same but I don't know for certain) .  It has the same "T" configuration 2-pin plug and polarity is correct.  

Also, there is no way the Kia blower we're talking about will fit right in the stock '74-'76 blower housing.  The squirrel cage is slightly larger than the stock opening.  The opening needs to be trimmed to get the squirrel cage in.

Cool. I guess it's just another of those little differences between the different years. My car is a late '71. The squirrel cage fit just exactly with no trimming, though I did have to elongate the mounting holes slightly. As far as the wiring, my original fan motor has 2 wires with individual tabs, that I believe went to the housing.the plug from the housing has a 6 wire plug on the end. 

16 hours ago, cgsheen said:

The stock plug on the '74-'76 fits the Kia blower without modification. (I'm assuming the '77-'78 are the same but I don't know for certain) .  It has the same "T" configuration 2-pin plug and polarity is correct.  

Also, there is no way the Kia blower we're talking about will fit right in the stock '74-'76 blower housing.  The squirrel cage is slightly larger than the stock opening.  The opening needs to be trimmed to get the squirrel cage in.

The honda civic motor plugged is wired correct for 240z's, the kia motor is wired correct for 280z's as cgsheen mentioned, I've have done both 77 & 78 280's myself with kia motors.