HybridZ

EXHAUST TIME: light at the end of my LS1 swap tunnel

So my build is coming to an end. Spare wheel well has been cut out for the f body fuel tank, gauges are ready to be installed. One last thing at the VERY VERY end, is the exhaust.

I've heard a lot of people go 3 inch. I'm wanting to learn towards 3.5 single from 3inch collectors to a 3.5 inch y pipe through a resonator and a muffler. I really really want to avoid drone. And i REALLY want to avoid having to do a true dual out setup. 

Here's what I got so far.

4inch intake into stock ls1 from 2000 SS

sanderson block huggers from JTR, ceramic coated 3 inch collectors.

WANT TO GO TO 3.5 inch y pipe, to a resonator, and a muffler, then out.

What do you guys think? How would it fit under the s30 body? Am I looking for too much with a 3.5? ANY sound clips are welcome. I've been coming through youtube to find a good 3.5 inch exhaust note, but i've been seeing a lot of STATESMAN machines from australia. 

PS, I want a smoother throaty sound than a cammed sound that seems to want to rip through the pipes. Maybe that has a lot to do with what tips? =T

Edited by nissanthanh

Drone is almost inevitable with a dual system and no mufflers. However the note you get is just awesome. I have a true dual 3" system with an Xpipe and bullets at the very end (tips welded on the bullets) 3.5" would be tough to fit but it's possible. Your biggest issue will be wrapping it under the diff.

Edited by thezguy

Yea. I posted what I used in the description of the video. It's crazy loud. Once I get the interior back in, if it's still so loud, I will probably add resonators.

Do you have a muffler? Dual resonators did nothing more than clean up the rasp for me.

That is cute........ lol..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Let me know when you can hook up....... Wait a minute I will most likely be right there with you........

Psssst. I think youre the one that needs to be worried about traction. LOL that S/C and factory ECU is going to be tough out the gate. Don't forget the Holley dominator has the option to ramp in boost as I so choose and at what rate ;)

Side note you going to be at TX2K15?

Edited by thezguy

I have a secret "pedal modulator".....

I am thinking hard about it. If so I am sure that we LSZs should all go together...... the trick is do you think that Alan will be ready? I think that 3 Zs terrorizing them should be fun.

Would be awesome but I don't think there is a chance in hell his car will be ready. Between Richey auto dragging ass and the laundry list of crap he will in counter assembling everything. It will likely be next year for him.

• Like 1

I have been listening to exhaust clips online. I'm liking magnaflo and dynomax. Mainly dynomax. Throaty, not raspy. I really hate the raspy sound. I'm not sure whether to do 3 inch collectors to a 3 inch y pipe to single out, or 3 inch collectors to 3.5 inch y pipe single through a resonator and a dynomax bullet. 3.5 from y collector out.

I have a slight drone in mine cruising in 6th around 1800 rpm on the highway. I'm looking into putting resonator tubes out from the exhaust to try out and see if it helps. Calculate the frequency and figure out how long they need to be then try it. I found it over on performancetrucks forum today. I'm running a dual 2.5 to single 3, then a 3 in/out Borla muffler.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-sales-specials-135/how-build-exhaust-resonator-tube-eliminate-drone-489463/

Edited by EastTnZ

I was thinking about taking my Z out to the TX2K15 myself. Got a little something new in the Z that I'd like to try out. I pulled the L76 6 liter out the other day.

Do it. I will have mine there in all of its TT glory. We can all link up and roll out together. Would be pretty cool.

Edited by thezguy