HybridZ

Just starting my ls1/t56 build!

Yes, the ones from Japan fit super nice. Really easy to tell which ones go where, because they just fit perfect where they go, no bending or twisting.

And they were about the same price after shipping as the MSA fiberglass ZG flares. I just looked at my spreadsheet and I paid $237 shipped for the Marugen Shoukai ZG set from RHDJapan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

https://imgur.com/a/FkBeM

latest update to my Z! One of my buddies has a awesome Jeep and recently purchased these and they are awesome! Complete sealed 40w Cree LED projectors with halo.

These are the exact ones I purchased. They are a chinese knock off of the original design that sells for 500+ However many people have purchased the knock offs and have so far stated no issues and reviews are showing them being just as good as the originals. But these are knock offs... so only time will tell if they were a worth while purchase. I have not had a time to see what they look like at night but will find out today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCKZRBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I freakin LOVE this MGW shifter!!! Best thing ever for my car! Extremely solid shifting and much smoother all around.

Any pics? I have the stock T56 shifter and feel like I'm almost hitting the dash going into 3rd gear. Does it stand straight up or angled towards the rear?

boyracer, I using this Sikky shifter handle in my car and it relocates the top of the shifter handle back about 2 1/2". Check out the pic, it might work for you.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Looks like a simple fix, on the fence as to whether I need a shortened throw like the MGW. Does that still work ok with the shifter boot?

My latest changes... litman posted this a while back and I loved what he did so I copied him!

IC2Bk8P.jpg <-- freakin awesome!

As for the shifter on the T56. The default lever they give you to me is too straight. It comes with a mark so that you can trim it about 1.5in's to make it shorter and I did that, and still felt like it was still to forward. I had to rotate the orange part of the shifter to go rearwards to bring it closer to me. Then after all that I still felt I needed it to come back some. So I took the lever, notched it and bent it back about 10 degrees, and it is perfect now.

fbody-02.jpg

The orange part rotates every 90 degrees. So mine now faces towards me.

It is NOT just shortening the shift! the MGW makes the shifter much more solid! Zero slop, and very quick shifts. I would not suggest anyone to purchase anything other than MGW. Even tho I had to modify it, this is honestly the best shifter I've ever had. I'ved used B&M's, Hurst, and the Pro series and none of them come close to the MGW in feel of solidedness.