HybridZ

TPI 280zx

I don't use a cable, but here is one from Motorsports Auto... http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic13/10-1862

No sure on the zx, but on the s30 there is a smaller metal arm on the firewall that turns when you press the gas pedal.  I extended that with a small piece of metal, then hooked it up using a throttle connection rod.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

Recent update to my 280zx build is I got over zealous with my motor selection and ended up buying a l05 5.7 out of a caprice, a lt1 out of a Buick road master and a lm7 5.3 from a gmc Denali. Right now the LT1 & LM7 are on stands, I put a complete tpi set up on the l05 tbi 5.7and that will be going in the 280zx. Unfortunately some accessories are missing. What starter should I use? Should I use the stock datsun battery cables and wiring? What can i eliminate from the stock TPI harness? The motor has a roller cam l05 from a buick, can I use a distributor from an 86 305 tpi camaro?

Edited by 280zxSheik