HybridZ

Mfactory R200 LSD

exlifesaver

Update on this diff in our Chumpcar endurance racer 280Z with the J30A1 swap. Still going strong after six races of 7 and 8 hour duration.

Oregon Raceway Park, Sept 2016, Sat 5th, Sun 1st

Laguna Seca, Nov 2016, Thur 21st (blown clutch), Fri 1st

Sonoma (Infineon), Feb 2017, Sat 3rd, Sun 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few people looking for an LSD R200 diff and thought about sending them here.  But the thread seems dead.  Doesn't seem to be any effort to sell them.  Maybe contact MFactory directly, if exlifesaver's venture is over?  Is this still a thing, or not?

:confused:  exlifesaver posted two weeks ago congratulating a successful install post by an endurance racer.  Why questioning his thread?

I bought the MFactory diff a few months back.  exlifesaver easy to deal with.  Arrived in 2 days!  Install was straightforward - swapped out open carrier and added new carrier bearings.  Measured 0.001" additional backlash after install with same shims, etc.  So far so good.  Have been to the track twice since and really liked the change - still learning how to use traction, especially to pick up throttle earlier in corners without inside tire spin. On a really hot/greasy day I set a personal best at my local track - beat it by a few 10ths on a day where others were off 1.5 seconds or more.  Only other change was CV axles installed at same time.

Interested

Where's the reply to Curtball?  He doesn't seem to be following up.  Post 74 and 77 imply that something's happening but no details.  How much does it cost, are there are any available, is another group buy required. etc?  

I just don't like sending people to a black hole, that's all.  Should be pretty easy to get some information out here.

What do we have to do to satisfy you NewZed? Have we not fulfilled our promises that we made, that you had doubts on ever since the beginning? The group buy was originally made to see if there would be a interest on getting differentials made for our cars from another manufacture. The only way to get this done is to buy 10 from MFactory so they can spend the money on R&D and it still made sense for them from a business stand point. WE fronted all the funds needed for that and took the word on the Hybridz members that said they would buy them because YOU voiced your doubts on us. Since then we have sold those ten and more. When Curtball said he was interested we sent him a PM with information, He told us he would get back with us. Are we not allowed to talk business over PM? MFactory doesn't allow us to advertise the price any lower then MSRP but we are selling them below MSRP to the HybridZ members to show our appreciation to this community. Really we need to start another thread in the for sale section but i didn't want to have double threads and this thread shows all the information that anyone would ever want about these diffs. We have been walking on egg shells around you thinking you may stop the thread because you thinks its "sketchy" and I'm getting tired of it. So i ask again, what can i do to gain your trust/satisfy you?

Yes Greeko they are Rated at 1000HP

I can't actually stop a thread.  I'm only clandestine.

Really, I was just trying to get you to see that you're losing some potential customers by not being open and proactive, and letting people know that they're available and how to get one.  The thread looks barely alive to me.  If you're fine with how things are and sales are good enough, then I'll just suggest OBX or Whitehead.  Some of these guys seem to like you but I think you're riding the laurels of introducing one new product and selling a few diffs.  Good luck with it.  I'll leave you alone.

The thing about not advertising below MSRP but being able to sell below MSRP sounds like nonsense.  Like rating a drivetrain part to 1000 HP.  That's been discussed.

Actually, thinking a little more, I think I see what you have going.  Your "group buys" give you a volume discount from MFactory.  You mark up some over the MFactory price and make some profit.  So, if a person doesn't want to wait for the group number to be reached, they can go directly to MFactory and get it now for a higher price.

That's what I've been trying to figure out - what's so special about this thread.  And all it is is a lower cost.  A few more posts and we should how much people are saving by waiting.

Thanks for getting this going with MFactory.  It actually is a good idea.  Glad I don't have to deal with you to get one though.

I don't post here much these dayz.

I'm still interested in getting one from exlifesaver despite the negative left coast comments... 

Why? Because he has done the leg work to make it happen with Proven results froma reputable builder and ultimately Happy Customers.

And seriously. Who doesn't like to save some coin?

Plus who wants to buy some Cheap china garbage that you will have to rework just to have some false sense of security that the Bomb will not drop.? No thanks! Might be good enough for you but I am Way to rowdy behind the wheel to need that on my head!. 

So far from what I have read the Only sour puss about the whole thing is the Only person here that has NO interest in buying one from Any vender in the 1st place. Because, and I quote. 1976 280Z, essentially original except for a few later model parts.

Exlifesaver. Hit me with the numbers shipped to 37803. Yes that is Dragon Country. So you know I will be Slaying the Beast with it!

And Mom. No need to comment on this any longer. We get it. But We grew up long ago and do Not need your Mommy nurturing Any Longer. Thanks

So in your hypothetical, don't both parties benefit? Isn't it pretty common on HybridZ for someone to have a link to a company that allows forum members to get a great price while making it worth the middle-man's time? This is done with gauges, wheels, etc. I don't see at all how that's not a win-win and have no idea why you are so consistently negative with many members of this board.

Edited by calZ

So in your hypothetical, don't both parties benefit?

Who are you responding to?

Overall, I just try to battle poor communication.  I like things to be clear.  I made a simple comment about the thread seeming dead, because I sent somebody over to it then realized he might not even get a response, and exlife dragged up his old hurt feelings from way back and wrote like an ass.  He could have said "you're right, I haven't been keeping the thread up to date, thank you!".  That was the response i was hoping for.  I helped make things clear back in the beginning so that people could feel confident that he had something real to offer.  He can't see that through his inflated opinion of himself.  

He does a poor job of communicating what he's about.  And I think he's one the edge of the group buy idea.  He's not organizing group buys so that he and others get a better price, he's organizing so that he can make a profit.  He's a reseller, here to make some money.  He's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

And, like Sensa Pari from the past, he could organize a large group buy, take the money, and disappear.  What's to stop him?  I was in early with comments on that mess also.  You and TONY C write like fanboys, who seem to have problems understanding how things have developed.  I don't think that either of you read the whole thread so don't really know what you're responding to.

MFactory lists an R200 LSD for $999.95, while the other comparable diffs are $749.95.  But the "fitment notes" on the R200 page are for Honda and BMW.  More poor communication.  Overall, this whole thing is kind of foggy and unclear.  But if the savings is worth the risk of losing all of your money, then take a shot.  That's what a group buy is supposed to be, spend X dollars now, or get a group together and spend less later.  What's missing here are the numbers.

There you go, that's clarity.  If we knew how much people saved, we'd have enough information for people to make a proper decision instead of having to please some mysterious middleman with a bad attitude.

http://www.teammfactory.com/catalog/mfactory/helical-lsd/Nissan

http://www.teammfactory.com/catalog/partno/MF-TRS-05R200

Satisfied buyer here in the Group Buy thread.  No mystery, no foggy.  I bought what was advertised and got it.  Am pleased with my product and factory warranty.

You have no intention or interest but are shitting in the thread.  Frankly think it violates forum rules.

That's clarity.

Actually, there should be a new Vendor's Forum thread.  This is not technically a group buy anymore if he's selling them individually, by PM.  But, problematically, asking price must be listed in For Sale threads.  I'm not shitting here, I'm just asking what that smell is.

How much did you pay?

Who are you responding to?

I was responding to you.

And, like Sensa Pari from the past, he could organize a large group buy, take the money, and disappear.  What's to stop him?  I was in early with comments on that mess also.  You and TONY C write like fanboys, who seem to have problems understanding how things have developed.  I don't think that either of you read the whole thread so don't really know what you're responding to.

I've read the whole thread before, and I just read it again since your comments made me think I was missing something. Nothing seemed out of order at all to me. I agree he's now on the edge of what a group buy is, but so are other very popular threads in this section that you seem to leave alone. Why single out exlifesaver when he seems to have done a really good job while being no less active than those other threads and everyone who purchased seems to be happy?

Now I'll stop cluttering the thread with irrelevant posts. Sorry exlifesaver.

As a recent purchaser I could not be happier with this thread. Gave me all of the background information in one place instead of search all over to find it. My experience was excellent. I made the decision PMed with a questions and spoke on the phone. Committed the purchase and it arrived within days. Currently waiting for NW diff to complete the install. Just saying as an actual buyer I am a satisfied user of the forum and my experience.