HybridZ

RB25 swaps stuff

Blob1620

Hey folks, doing an rb25 swap and on a budget. Need to get rid of some things and need to get some things. Let me know what you have for sale, or trade for the stuff I've got. 

I have,

-rb25det swap drive shaft for an s13

-rb25det swap harness for an s13 made by STL

-Stock RB25det intake manifold

-Stock RB25det throttle body

-FMIC for an s13 (27" long core, 3" thick and 3" DIA inlet/outlet)

-Stock 280z engine harness, in good shape

-14" american racing wheels 4x114 obviously

I Need,

• swap drive shaft for rb25 into 280z
  • 15" or larger wheel options for cheap or trade (panasports, watanabe replicas, etc) I'm not using flairs, so nothing to wide please.
  • I need a carpet kit, used is fine if its in good condition.
  • rear disc break conversion setup
  • FMIC that fits the front of the car well
  • front fascia or airdamn
  • throttle cable setup
  • coilover kit, or lowering springs

Let me know what you've got people, don't be shy. worst that can happen is I say I'm not interested :)  I'll have more pictures soon.

post-47983-0-00515400-1422025353_thumb.jpg

post-47983-0-88796200-1422025357_thumb.jpg

post-47983-0-24037000-1422025362_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blob1620

If you haven't yet, snoop around this site. You will find a lot of the info you need for the swap. If you are trying to save money (which is how I interpret your list (I totally understand. I have a lot in my 2 swaps). If not and you have money to blow, disregard my post):

Driveshaft: I agree with the above. Just take the driveshaft to a shop and have it shortened. You already have it; use what you have.

Throttle cable: there are a few on the market that will work. Mckinney, arizona Z car (I believe works with RB) and many universal kits.

My best advice though, go to the junkyard and get the cable out of a late 90's Sentra. Thing is like 5 feet long. Has the correct end for the RB throttle body and works with both standard and "Greddy" style plenums. All you have to do is remove the entire stock linkage (firewall bracket and all), modify the slot on your pedal for that end of the cable, and drill 2 holes for the bracket on the inside of the firewall. There's a thread on here about doing it but I can't for the life of me find it. I paid $6.00 for it at the junkyard; cheapest cable by far.

FMIC: Unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for the Mckinney kit which fits right in or dont have access to a welder to weld aluminum, just buy a universal sized one (like the 30'x24'x5'. The most common size basically) and build a little bracket off the core support and you're done. Run 90 degree silicon couplers on both ends and route it right through the core support holes for the factory air intake. I found all my stuff for $100 on the local CL.

Thanks fellas, We def on the same page. I'm basically just listing things I'm interested in for trades in the case someone doesn't wanna pay cash for my parts.  I have some ideas for all these needs, have found everything I need, but already have spent my month allowed $$.

As far as the drive shaft, that was my plan, but the car was a roller and didnt have a factory driveshaft. I like the way you guys think though :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got a z31 diff flange which apparently is the same bolt pattern as the s13 diff input flange, all i need to do is get the drive shaft shortened. So thats taken care of, and the stock RB intake looks like its going to sell on ebay now.  I have my throttle linkage sorted out and I found a Cable for the rest of the way. 

I still need a rear brake option, and a front fascia, or air damn. I have the Q45 throttle boddy available still, and the stock complete l28 wiring harness, the wheels that are on it (pictured), and the s13 rb25 spec2 swap harness if anyone is interested or has trades. Let me know!

Oh, and I'll be replacing all the instrumentation so all the gauges are available too.

• 1 year later...