HybridZ

Wheel Size Help?

Hi there I am planning on picking up a set of diamond racing wheels and need help choosing what size would work for my setup. I am going to be running regular zg flares and for now have stock suspension and brakes but coilovers are next on the list. I want to run 16's and was thinking of running f-16x8 or 9 (4.5 inch backspacing) and 16x10 but not sure what backspacing these would need. Hopefully that's enough info to choose the size.

Thanks!

4.5 is cutting it close on stock suspension. I think you might even need spacer for the front at that point on stock suspension. 

I would stick with 4 inch back spacing to be on the safer side. You can get away with 4.5 pretty easily with coilovers though so depending on how soon that is it is up for you to decide which set you will order.

The hybrid z flare sizing for the standard zg style flare is 9 wide up front with 4 inch backspacing and 9.5 wide out back with 4 inch back spacing. You can always go further out, but you might have to step up the flare if you do so.

A 10 up front is going to require quite a bit of steering effort.

And it doesn't really make a lot of sense to run a smaller tire on a wider wheel to clear the fender flares, unless you are going for all style points. Then by all means.

I ended up getting 16x10 with 4.5 backspacing, should be here in a few weeks. I did a little research and it seems like this setup would fit but on a stock and modified setup as far as coilovers go. This is the same setup a certain crazy octopus went with and unlike the way his came out. Well he had 15s actually. As always thanks for everyone's imput and I'll update this thread with how they go.