HybridZ

Suspension configuration help...

@JohnC: I do have a strut bar up top and bad dog frame rails. In the rear is the S13 Subframe which pretty much boxes in the rear and makes it pretty damn stiff.I checked with the manufacturer of my coilovers and they stated I can run + or - 2KG and there should be no problem with the shocks. So, in the front I'm thinking i'll switch to 6KG, and the rear I'm still up in the air on. Should I move down only 1 KG (to 5) or 2KG (to 4)?

@Rebek: If you look at the pictures above the fitting doesn't look like it will hit the rim (since I ran some pretty hefty spacers to bring the rims/tires flush with the fenders. The tie rod however does look a little close so I'll be sure to do some testing after I install the bumpsteer spacers. Make sure I have no binding. I'll be attaching a camera to the frame and doing some hard turns to see if the ARB is hitting anything at all. I don't feel safe putting a piece of wood in between the ARB and frame, just doesn't sound strong enough with all he pressure that thing sees.

I'll be picking up everything this weekend and hopefully have it all installed next week!!

Picture of sway bar and front end rework by Adrian Vabrille

Edited by New-to-240z

I found a few posts by your talking about wheel rate and will do some calculations on my side. I've found this site to help do the calculations myself. (I don't have a scale to do the corner weight and was wondering if there were any general numbers I could use for the 240Z with interior still in the car)

Wheel Rate Calculator

Grabbed the adjustable ARB end links & bumpsteer spacers for 15" rims. I'll be throwing those on soon and will then start taking measurements. After that I'll make the choice of spring rate and will then work from there. 

I've found an old friend who does corner balancing and is willing to help me once I get the new springs on the car. So, THANK YOU EVERYONE for your help. I'll report back once I've got things setup and at least somewhat dialed in.

My hats off to you all, as I'm still learning and this site has always been a treasure trove of information and kind people.

• 3 months later...

Just an update as I've been busy with family . . 

Worked with a friend that was able to help me with setting up my suspension system. . . 

Front :

Swift 6Kg with 45lb helper springs

Rear :

Swift 5Kg with 45lb helper springs

Sway bar is set to a softer setting. Also corner balanced the car with an outcome of 50.20% distribution. Cross weight of 1265 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas and me in driver seat. I have to get everything actually aligned now, but I feel pretty damn good about how the ride feels compared to the 8KG/6KG megans.

Edited by New-to-240z