HybridZ

Hello,

So I'm new to HybridZ and somewhat to Z's as well. Got mine back in May of 2014, I've been restoring a 1978 280z and so far I haven't had too many problems. As of now it runs good, sometime it's has problems on a cold start, and it'll idle high but then settles down to around 700-800 rpm.

Well anyways right now my issue is with the amount of heat in the cockpit. It gets hot in there, and I feel like it's coming in from the engine bay, but I've also been told it might be coming from the tranny. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and how you solved it? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you

The engine gets hot,the engine bay gets hot.  Air passes through the engine bay after removing heat from the radiator.  

"Air Conditioner"  is a reference to the chapter in the Factory Service manuals.  Drawings are there.  http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/280z/

The water cock is a valve that controls water flow through the heater core.  Most likely location is between the hot water source and the heater core.  Water hoses and control cables would be attached to it.  Please don't ask where the hot water comes from.

My car came with a bent control wire to the water cock.  They get stuck, people push on the lever, the wire bends, the valve gets stuck open.  Stick your head up under the passenger dash and see what moves when you push the heat control lever.

Edited by NewZed

MY 78 got a ton of heat from the tunnel. WHEN you pulled back the carpet it was actually bubbling the tar because it was so hot. THE resonator seemed to be a little clogged up with rust. I sprayed a few coats of lizard skin heat insulation on both sides and it made a big difference.

Thermo sells a clamp on heat shield that goes around your exhaust pipe(s). I use one of the street Z and two on the dual exhaust race Z. This week I added a layer of gold film insulation to the underside of the tunnel up to the shifter hole.